Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LG LGDAS31865 Cell Specifications
(10-29-2019, 04:43 AM)Niqyek Wrote: You're absolutely right reckless -- my bad, I meant Volts
I drew this diagram of the circuit

However the batteries are all welded together
Any ideas?
I suppose at the end of the day I could just use electrical tape and tape some copper wires to the terminals of each battery...but that's not very elegant :|

Tear appart the nickel weldings and solder some copper wires (nickel strips and point welder would be the best but I assume you don't have access to that). Just make sure that you use batteries of the same type and charge them at the same voltage before assembly. I'd rather not use tape but you can give it a try if you don't have tin or soldering iron.
Maybe someone will be useful
6 cells 2009 m.d., 3 pairs - I did not separate them. iMAX B6
Initial voltage: 2,3 V

Sequential testing each pair: 
1. starting circle: charge CC-CV (1A, 4,20V; further similarly) - pause 22 days - discharge (1A, 3,00V);
2. capacity testing: charge (1A) - discharge (1A) - storage (1A);

Results:
capacity - 4180-4240 mAh;
efficiency - 0,90-0,91; 
residual capacity - 0,96;

Resume: very good cells [Image: smile.png]
I have 6 cells. 2009 model. From a lap battery pack. Its been 10 years and while charging lap says battery can't be charged.

Is there any way to revive them? Restore their life?
(06-10-2020, 03:46 AM)Roz_in Wrote: Is there any way to revive them? Restore their life?
Battery - most likely not (controller is blocked).
Cells - most likely yes. At least some of them are probably good and can be used.
They must be removed from the battery and individually charged.
If there is no charger or if the charger refuses to charge (residual voltage less than 2.5 V), you can use the old MP3-player or eBook for this (those that I have are charged from 0 V and can even charge inversely).
hello need some advise. i want to make a powerwall with these cells (lgdas1865) for offgrid. i have about 1000 cells, but i read they are only good for 500 cycles, so if i cycle them once a day they would only last about 2 years. so if thats true that it would be cheaper to buy golfcart batterys because they last 5 to 10 years......

please help
thanks in advance
^^^ Cycle life depends on many factors, including depth/height/location of discharge,  (dis)charge rates, average temps, etc.  There can be 10x difference in life by optimizing to avoid major causes of degradation.  To evaluate the relevancy of said claim of 500 cycles lifetime you need to know how it was derived (do you have a link?). If it is from a datasheet then you need to look at the parameters they used during (accelerated) life testing in order to determine how closely they match your intended usage.

Btw, when comparing lifetime claims be careful not to compare apples vs. oranges. For example, if your discharge cycles use only 50% capacity then that is equivalent to half of a full cycle. In order to properly compare cycle lifetime tests using different depths of discharge we need to normalize them to use the same units, e.g. convert all to equivalent full cycles, or analogous methods, e.g. compare cumulative (total) energy delivered over the entire lifetime of the battery.
i found this link (https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_pDil2...RKY2s/view)

so if i needed them to last 2000+ cycles at what voltage do i need to set?
temp may be 42C highest and 0C (summer, winter) they will be in a steal box outside.
discharge rate max 2A

and after the life cycle it still has 80% capacity correct?

i'll ask my question in a diferent way, example: my house uses 17kwh per day i want to go offgrid and use the grid as a backup, i have a 5000w inverter, inverter uses 48v battery. so how would you set it up so the battery bank would last 10+ years?

how many watts panels?
how many batteries?
i can set the discharge voltage and max charge volts.

thanks again in advance.