Panasonic CGR18650 Cell Specifications

TheBatteries

Administrator
Warning: The information in this thread was obtained from various sources on the Internet, including any datasheets linked below, and is provided for reference only. It is not guaranteed to be accurate. To prevent fire or personal injury, never charge or discharge a cell before verifying the information yourself using the original specifications sheet provided by the manufacturer.

Brand:Panasonic
Model:CGR18650
Capacity:1400mAh Rated
Voltage:3.70V Nominal
Charging:4.20V Maximum
910mA Standard
--- mA Maximum
Discharging:3.00V Cutoff
260mA Standard
1560mA Maximum
Description:Pink Cell Wrapper
Black Insulator Ring
18650 Form Factor

Data References:
http://www.206xs.com/topics/battery/iontd2e.pdf

Pictures:

image_qrtnsx.jpg

image_rzlhzu.jpg

Having never read a spec sheet before is this saying that to get optimal mAh you need to discharge at about 260 mA?
Would discharging at higher currents dramatically decrease the capacity?
I ask because I have a ton of these testing rather low but I'm discharging at around 500Ma.

Daggerzz said:
Having never read a spec sheet before is this saying that to get optimal mAh you need to discharge at about 260 mA?
I ask because I have a ton of these testing rather low but I'm discharging at around 500Ma.

Having cataloged so many cells, it seems when these companies test cells they test at 0.2C to get the "standard discharge rate" and capacity. I don't think testing at 500mA would give a substantial difference, if there even is a difference at all. If you pull up the spec sheet, there is a graph showing capacity over various discharge rates.

Hi, I got a bunch of them, getting around 1250mAh (4.2-3V@0.5A CCCV->0.1A) but an IR of around 110mΩ with an YR1035+. What IR is considered nominal/optimal for this kind of cell?

Thank you all for keeping this magnificent forum alive and for collecting, processing and sharing all this great info !!

Good question. I wasn't able to find IR on any Panasonic document.

110mOhm seems quite high (in general for any ordinary cell), I don't have any of these CGR18650 but many others of the same series (CGR18650CG, CGR18650C/CA/CF/D/EA) and for all IR is between 40 and 60mOhm.

In this other Panasonic document specs are slightly different from the datasheet in this post.
1633825194159.png
(attached PDF document)

Attachments

• PANASONIC_ALL.pdf
    446.1 KB · Views: 233
Good question. I wasn't able to find IR on any Panasonic document.

110mOhm seems quite high (in general for any ordinary cell), I don't have any of these CGR18650 but many others of the same series (CGR18650CG, CGR18650C/CA/CF/D/EA) and for all IR is between 40 and 60mOhm.

In this other Panasonic document specs are slightly different from the datasheet in this post.
View attachment 26252
(attached PDF document)
The capacity I got from them is quite near their stock capacity and I think they are NOT of the same series as all the CGR18650XXs, their design differs relatively much from most other cells. I would think these are one of the first li-ion 18650-cells (1st generation) from Panasonic which could mean, that their stock IR could be very high (>=80-90), but without data from others or a more detailed spec-sheet, I can not use them without concerns. (They are not heaters at 750mA charging).

Yes, the higher the current, the lower the sustainable capacity will be. Even Samsung cheats on this for cells, they give the mAh rating at low current which differs significantly from the capacity at high drain (max cell specs).

For old cells, ~500mAh is kindof a standard but they usually can be safely used at 1A also.

Back