Has anyone tried CTK-EV-600 mppt boost charge controller?

Sun plumber

I've been looking at the MPT-7210a and it seems nice but I want to run parallel 250 watt panels so I think it will run up against the current limit on a 13s lithium ion power wall.

I saw a YouTube video on the CTK-EV-300:

It seems to be ok but a 300 watt limit.

On eBay it looks like it has a big brother with double the watts and a longer case:http://m.ebay.com/itm/132218486266?_mwBanner=1

I'm a bit concerned that neither has a fan.

I want to run two controllers and four panels for a 1kw array. If that sounds like a good start, I need a 1,500-2,000 watt pure sin wave inverter that won't break the bank and a bunch of 18650s.

Alternative suggestions are welcome but keep in mind I am on a budget.

Thanks.

I have not tested the CTK-EV-300 or its big sister but i have 3 of the 7210 myself. I had it running with 520w solar panels without issues maxing it out.

Perhaps no help but it works. Though the 7210 is loud with the fan when it maxes out :)

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have the specifics written down anywhere?

Battery charge voltage, solar panel open voltage, mppt target voltage?

I'm worried on the mpt-7210a that if my solar cell voltage is too low, the 2p panel current might be quite a bit above 10 amps when in full sun and without better specs, I'm reluctant to exceed that regularly long term.

I really wish they made a buck converter like this with maybe 100v input rating for 2s series connected panels.

If I do go with mpt-7201a, I think I want to remote mount the display and change the case to use a muffin fan.

I did see one YouTube video where the author flipped the fan to the exterior of the case and reduced the noise a lot. If I don't do the custom case and fan, I'll probably try a fan isolating gasket.

Note that the 7210 is a boost converter. So the input voltage need to be lower than the output voltage.

I ran my panels in paralell. The 10A is on the output. What max current is on input I dont know and it doesnt state that.

Input Voltage: DC 12-60V
Output Voltage: DC 15-90V, Adjustable to accommodate 24V/36V/48V/60V/72V Battery
Output Current: 0-10A Adjustable
Output Power: 20-600W
Working Modes: MPPT and DC-DC

Back