Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Instant powerwall
Yes you can add whatever string you want with what ever P you want BUT beware of that they will have different resistances due to not being paralelled 100% Ie only the string. If you have heavy load this could stress the smaller packs in worst case. Though i dont think this matter for most of us.

Regarding the chargers. No idea how you paralell those or how the batrium will be able to talk to 3 of them. Talk to Jaron about that one since its special. Or if I can get him to answer here Smile
wim and Korishan like this post
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 83kWh LiFePo4 | 10kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh | Automatic trip breakers, and alot more
(08-17-2017, 04:40 PM)daromer Wrote: Yes you can add whatever string you want with what ever P you want BUT beware of that they will have different resistances due to not being paralelled 100% Ie only the string. If you have heavy load this could stress the smaller packs in worst case. Though i dont think this matter for most of us.

Regarding the chargers. No idea how you paralell those or how the batrium will be able to talk to 3 of them. Talk to Jaron about that one since its special. Or if I can get him to answer here Smile

Thanks, if you can get him to reply here, very much apriceated... maybe drop the questions in the BMS section?
All is connected and configurated as shoud be,

As you see, i have used the older flatpack2 model, the connector-pcb i have bought from the same seller, if connected (only one to test ) there is no communication with the bms. i do have a model (with 1 fan), if i connect this one  (with the same connector pcb)  there is communication with the bms, but the flatpack wil not start to charge.

My questions to Jaron are: 
will it work with more than one flatpack ? if connected as in a standard Can bus ( resistor on watchmon and a resistor at the end of the bus, on the last flatpack).
What is the difference between the model with 2 fans and the one with 1 fan ? ( connector pcb and communication )
Is the older model still suported by the watchmon?

( If there is somebody else who knows something about this... , all help is welcome... ) Tongue

Edit:
The model HE (with 1 fan) do work just fine Smile i did a mistake in the wiring (as usual a stupid one).
For now i have only one flatpack to connect, if i get confimation that it is possible to connect more than one, will order some more.
Wim why are you going to use 3x eltek chargers btw? Why isnt 1 enough?

Generally when it comes to Batrium and those chargers they are added as last balance resort to add some more current to the pack and easily top the pack off for proper balancing.

If you need more chargers why not go with a proper hybrid or offgrid inverter with enough charging power?

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 83kWh LiFePo4 | 10kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly
(08-18-2017, 06:00 PM)daromer Wrote: Wim why are you going to use 3x eltek chargers btw? Why isnt 1 enough?  

Generally when it comes to Batrium and those chargers they are added as last balance resort to add some more current to the pack and easily top the pack off for proper balancing.

If you need more chargers why not go with a proper hybrid or offgrid inverter with enough charging power?

Daniel, as you know, i am using the 10kw hybrid inverter as primary charger.
To charge the battery after after some days without sun i am planning to use a generator... mine is a single phase generator (not a 3Phase as my inverter) witch also makes hot water.
It is a 6,2KW generator so with 3 x 2000W eltek charger i can run the generator at piek performance ( the charging current i can set true the batrium software )
The top ballancing function is not important for me.. just a safety feature :)
It is also possible to use the batrium to activate a relay when the battery's are almost full (when entering "slow charging" mode) to stop the generator.
Also, the Eltek Flatpack HE is a very efficient charger (96,5%) and thats a big plus when using diesel to generate some power.
And last but not least, they are cheap on Ebay ( 50 Euro  for the older version and 100 Euro for the new HE version ) :D

I am sure there was somebody who asked the same question sometime ago on a live stream from Peter, (or in the comments of one of his video's)
Have already spend some time to find it, but no luck... and i am pretty sure Mr Jaron himselve replied that he has a costomer with 6 of them controled by the batrium bms.

Hope this makes some sense?
Just need some confirmation... :shy:
Hooking up 3 eltek to 1 watchmon is not trivial to do unless you just hook them on/off via relay as such.
I have not heard of anyone having 6 to single watchmon but thats up to Jaron to answer on.

I understand your question and I dont have any answer to your question on how to do that or if its even possible im afraid. The support as of now is 1 Eltek charger only.

(08-18-2017, 06:48 PM)daromer Wrote: Hooking up 3 eltek to 1 watchmon is not trivial to do unless you just hook them on/off via relay as such.
I have not heard of anyone having 6 to single watchmon but thats up to Jaron to answer on.

I understand your question and I dont have any answer to your question on how to do that or if its even possible im afraid. The support as of now is 1 Eltek charger only.

Thanks for your reply, always apreciated.

Can you drop the question to Jaron please? ( i undestand he is a very busy man.)
There are 2 more elteks on the road to me from Ireland Cool
Controlling them true the can-bus with a arduino is also possible, as in plan B.
If that is not working out, on/off is going to be plan C Smile
I have talked to Jaron about it. But he had no good answer Im afraid Smile He will get back when he thought some about it but for now hes asking why use more than 1 and not go some other route.

(08-18-2017, 07:16 PM)daromer Wrote: I have talked to Jaron about it. But he had no good answer Im afraid Smile  He will get back when he thought some about it but for now hes asking why use more than 1 and not go some other route.

Thanks man, if there is news.... you know where to find me Big Grin
A minute ago installed the new software update for the Batrium bms... i do have now the pulse output to trip the shunt-trip breaker... Big Grin
Thanks Jaron Smile

gota find out what else is new.
So nice to see that little "update available" icon on the batrium dashboard, it is like a gift box, nice touch.

Edit: And that Solid SoC% led indicator... much better.

(08-18-2017, 06:48 PM)daromer Wrote: Hooking up 3 eltek to 1 watchmon is not trivial to do unless you just hook them on/off via relay as such.

Got my 3 eltek chargers hooked up to the Batrium Can bus, just for testing, and happy to say that they do the job... Big Grin
I do believe the bms is just broadcasting the settings for the chargers.
Only little thing is that if i set them up to charge at 10 amps, as espected, they do 10 amps all three so the charge current is 30 A.
(the 3 A extra is solar, early and clouds )

Got to monitor this a bit, but for now, looking gooood. Smile
( But.....sooo...... this means the Batrium Bms is doing more then you and even Jaron realize...  Big Grin Tongue )