Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time is money and money is time
(08-23-2017, 02:40 AM)nokiasixteth Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 01:50 AM)1958 greyhound Wrote: and yet people make millions a year from doing nothing.

Must be nice

Don't be bitter. No millionare is ever happy. Self made millionares aren't happy became they ruined thier life for money. People born with a silver spoon in their mouth will always be bitter. The best anti depressant is achievement. If you don't have to achieve anything what is the point.

(08-23-2017, 09:16 AM)Geek Wrote:
(08-23-2017, 01:50 AM)1958 greyhound Wrote: and yet people make millions a year from doing nothing.

Must be nice

Don't be bitter. No millionare is ever happy. Self made millionares aren't happy became they ruined thier life for money. People born with a silver spoon in their mouth will always be bitter. The best anti depressant is achievement. If you don't have to achieve anything what is the point.

I have no money to spend on my project. I am going to buy chep Chinese balance circuits. Yet I will be pleased with my work. I have done something with little financial outlay that will save my family money. Bit by bit I shall grow my setup, untill the money i save can buy decent BMS, and solar panels. Then I have an achievement to be proud of.
BlueSwordM, Korishan, wim like this post

Must be nice

Must be nice

I have no money to spend on my project. I am going to buy chep Chinese balance circuits. Yet I will be pleased with my work. I have done something with little financial outlay that will save my family money. Bit by bit I shall grow my setup, untill the money i save can buy decent BMS, and solar panels. Then I have an achievement to be proud of.

Have to say you gotta very good point there . 
I am in the same boat a lotta times .  Make money in summer to scrape by in the winter. Almost like a old bear Angel
BlueSwordM likes this post
I would not consider buying tested cells from your drunk uncle.  Even tested cells, you should test yourself.  Not because I dont trust your drunk uncle, its just that I don't know what he tests it with and having a consistent baseline of testing is the only way you ensure it gets done right and that your packs come out balanced.

(08-21-2017, 07:18 AM)Geek Wrote: Time is not money. You can always make more money, you cannot make more time. Just my 2c

I agree with the others. Its the satisfaction of doing it yourself. That said why not get him to test and sell cells?

As a business person... I have always said "time is money" 

It is true, you can not make more time... but with money, you can buy someone else's time, allowing you to save your own. 

This is why I have staff, because I don't have enough time, so I pay for someone time in order better utilize mine.  There is a cost to that time, which is why I say "time is money"

I also feel money doesn't buy happiness... but I just bought a kWeld and I seem to be pretty happy about that.... so maybe I don't know what I am talking about.

I'm not here to save money or time, I am here because it's a hobby and I enjoy it.  I like to make things, and I am pretty content cracking open my own packs and testing my cells. Nothing I do here is actually worth my time, but it's not always about money either.