WANTED! All your BMS boards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking for any and ALL non-laptop BMS boards. I know people here harvest cells from everywhere and I'd like to BUY the leftover boards. You can post it here or email me details. Literally everything from 1P2S up to xPxS... especially interested if they come from items commonly purchased buy the DIY crowd as a whole. My intent is to find a way to reuse them and I willpublish my findings for everyone...I am not trying to keep it a secret or fix and sell them...I want to progress the movement and increase safety for everyone.

What will you doing with this boards? And do you have any i2c skills?
I want send you two different bms that have i2c communications.
One board I a 'smartbms' with a O2Micro OZ890 chip
And board two has two O2Micro OZ8920 chips!!!
The smartbms is defect but think you can repair it. But the second one is a bit complicated because it has 2 i2c ports and has a PF error.

Last week I got four ebike batteries and one is a 14s who I can connect too the bms in the hope too solve the PF error and hopefully download the configuration from it. I tried it many times but got stuck and lost faith in my self. I have not any programming skills so it sucks all of my energy and get depressed. Too solves the problem I already contacted O2Micro but no answers. The OZ8920 chip is a peace of high technology. Too communicate with the chip/board I bought a 100,- i2c dongle for the smartbms. That works with the 'cowboy' debug tool software from smartbms but when I hooked up the OZ8920 on it I couldn't get any information of it and it was protected. Maybe you can make it work and has the opportunity too use it for your li-ion or LiFePo4 powerwall. The board can support 16s!

I've started playing with the BQ chips and their IDE, and while I am far from a skill programmer, I am learning. Which is basically my goal. I want to learn several different boards and find a to implement them into our designs. While there are some good retail solutions available, I'd like to build something that can be used in wide/varying applications and doesn't cost the user hundreds of dollars.

If you'd like the items returned, I will be glad mail them back to you after I've done my experiments and testing.

Just wondering, why are laptop BMS boards unusable? Seems like the ideal thing to target since for those of us that source the 18650 cells from laptop batteries, we would have plenty of boards free. I'm thinking about poking around the laptop BMS boards to see if I can get anything to work on them and hopefully they can balance cells and such.

WallBender said:
Just wondering, why are laptop BMS boards unusable? Seems like the ideal thing to target since for those of us that source the 18650 cells from laptop batteries, we would have plenty of boards free. I'm thinking about poking around the laptop BMS boards to see if I can get anything to work on them and hopefully they can balance cells and such.

They're good for 6 cells, not so much for 1000 cells, or more

What I was thinking was smaller packs, something like 4p3s and parallel each of those packs for a small setup, or up the series of packs for higher voltage systems. Not sure how bad a deep discharge and having random battery packs disconnecting would be though. Also don't forget some laptop batteries are 9 cell too, I'd think the bms could handle 2x p that it was built for, but any balancing would take 2x longer than normal. There's not much info out there on these boards though, so hard to say how much trouble it would be to figure out each board to wire up into the system and such. Probably more time than it's worth vs buying a larger bms system.

Where are you located?
I have like 20 of 36v 13A hoverboard BMS's. They have a XT60 connector as well.
Selling them for 7 each if you are in Europe :)

have fun with your project

I have a few - ryobi p104, makita bl1830 (one old style pcb and one new) two kobalt 40v (10s) and an ego 14s3p with most of the potting compound removed. just pay for shipping and you can have 'em.

I have a BMS from a e-bike /scooter and another one from a Dyson Vaccum cleaner. Just tell me if interested

Best way to get in contact with him is through youtube, "The Combat Engineer". Last visit was 9/13/17. He's still doing videos and projects.

I have some 18V / 5S Makita BMS's. You can have them for free, just pay shipping. What's the address?

Inverted18650 said:
I am looking for any and ALL non-laptop BMS boards. I know people here harvest cells from everywhere and I'd like to BUY the leftover boards. You can post it here or email me details. Literally everything from 1P2S up to xPxS... especially interested if they come from items commonly purchased buy the DIY crowd as a whole. My intent is to find a way to reuse them and I willpublish my findings for everyone...I am not trying to keep it a secret or fix and sell them...I want to progress the movement and increase safety for everyone.

Good afternoon
I bought a group of those Boston Power Medical packs with the Sonata 5300 "double cells", so I have a few of the 3S5P BMS boards. The Combat Engineer on Youtube has a couple of videos showing how to use them. I am very motivated to make these yours! LOL.

wilkerbeast said:
Inverted18650 said:

Good afternoon
I bought a group of those Boston Power Medical packs with the Sonata 5300 "double cells", so I have a few of the 3S5P BMS boards. The Combat Engineer on Youtube has a couple of videos showing how to use them. I am very motivated to make these yours! LOL.

Inverted 18650 andThe Combat Engineer are the same person. Please contact him on YT as he visits here very rarely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back