SolarEdges optimisers interface protocols...

Joost2

too solve one of my problems with connecting my battery on a SolarEdge Eco system I just bought a optimiser. The reason is because I need too understand its communication between the optimisers and the inverter and SolarEdges Storedge interface, I need too crack it open.

Are here people that can help me with this challenge?
How does the LGs Chem battery communicating with the inverter and how works the energy transmission between the inverter --> battery and battery --> inverter. I ask this because the cables aren't that big in diameter.

Can you see how many wires there are?

Or does it communicate over the DC bus?

It is a little bit damaged

image_lahbsz.jpg

Have you made any progress with this? I recently did a 8.3k Solar array with a SolarEdge StorEdge SE7600A-USS Inverter. The inverter is compatible with the Tesla Powerwall and LG Chem.

I would like to get more information about whatit would take to build a DIY powerwall that will work with my inverter.

I don't think the Optimizers are the place to start. The optimizers work with the panels to to raise the voltage of the output of the panels. Basically a voltage step up inverter with the premise the higher the voltage the better the efficiency.

I believe the OP is referring to the two wires that go out to the battery bank. It's pretty safe to say that is the negative and positive terminals of the battery bank. I think the important part are the wires labeled 'Battery Control'

image_axslab.jpg

I need to make this my second post per forum rules!

https://www.solaredge.com/sites/default/files/single_phase_storedge_solutions_datasheet_na.pdf

https://www.solaredge.com/sites/def...ring_quick_guide_and_on_site_checklist_na.pdf

Hello,

No progress here unfortunately......
The key is the meter I think. The tesla powerwall has a high voltage DC converter and the meter in combination with the inverter

I replied to a similar thread about this but I'll post what I found here as well. After doing some research it looks like the SolarEdge inverter speaks over RS-485 following the MODBUS protocol and implementing the SunSpec specification. Specifically, for the battery you would need to implement the SunSpec Energy Storage specification on something like an Arduino to provide your DIY battery status and information to the SolarEdge inverter. I haven't tested this myself and I don't know how strict the SolarEdge inverter is with reported values but theoretically a DIY implemention is possible.

Icewater246 said:
I replied to a similar thread about this but I'll post what I found here as well. After doing some research it looks like the SolarEdge inverter speaks over RS-485 following the MODBUS protocol and implementing the SunSpec specification. Specifically, for the battery you would need to implement the SunSpec Energy Storage specification on something like an Arduino to provide your DIY battery status and information to the SolarEdge inverter. I haven't tested this myself and I don't know how strict the SolarEdge inverter is with reported values but theoretically a DIY implemention is possible.

Thank you for your input. I haven't done any additional research on this topic since my last post but this very helpful to get me started.

Back