Great Read on POWERWALLS!!! Its about US!!!

Wow, very cool! I expect that this type of exposure will drive more demand, of course, making cells harder and/or more expensive to acquire.

There are several media outlets here and on the forum in the past two weeks :) Going to be fantastic for our community

Well I've never seen it before they contacted us lol

wim said:
Nice :)
Vice motherboard is that a big thing?

Vice is really big, and can be quite controversial, but they do serious reporting as an alternative media outlet.

mike98 said:
wim said:
Nice :)
Vice motherboard is that a big thing?

Vice is really big, and can be quite controversial, but they do serious reporting as an alternative media outlet.

Ok cool... who is next? CNN ? ;)

I thought that the article was well written, and she did her homework (lots of interviews!) without getting bogged down with the technical stuff. Should get a fair number of people interested.

Yeah i liked the article too. It was good stuff and did not turn our answers around but actually did focus on important stuff. That was a concern when they approached me. I was afraid that it might have been turned around so it sounded non safe or that we didnt care about safety and all that :)

But Im happy with it and I think it will do good except for higher prices :D But perhaps the pre built stuff gets better prices on instead.

daromer said:
Yeah i liked the article too. It was good stuff and did not turn our answers around but actually did focus on important stuff. That was a concern when they approached me. I was afraid that it might have been turned around so it sounded non safe or that we didnt care about safety and all that :)

But Im happy with it and I think it will do good except for higher prices :D But perhaps the pre built stuff gets better prices on instead.

Your build looks also very nice on there... but ... only one little pack on the shelves ... looks a bit empty yougotto fill them up fast;) so we cansee a new video :D

True. Most of my batteries are on the 2nd floor :)

That is awesome!! :cool: I also agree that they didn't slame but actually built up the idea of Maker Powerwallers :D

Daromer: I figured your whole system was running off that one pack ;)

I expect a lot more people headed this way. Better make sure those servers are up to snuff for all the extra traffic this is going to generate.

Mikes got the servers covered :) lol

I really need to show this to my friends. They are gonna be stoked about this.

That was a nicely written article. I have to say I've never been referred to as a 'maker' before. I'm not sure I really qualify for that yet.

I hope it doesn't get too much traction around here...bloody hard enough to find batteries already! ;-)

Great work Peter and Daniel.

This is a mixed bag for some of us in the building process. I remember when you could go one eBay and purchase a lot of 50 battery packs for say 150.00 US. Now your seeing insane prices for just 5 packs, and that is used. I still need 2,880 batteries to complete my 14s240p power wall. That should give me a 31kw battery storage. Time to post another "Batteries for Cash" in Craigs list and hope I get some hits. I suspect a real surge of bottom feeders trying to sell used cells for the price of new.

Thats how the market have been in all times.
I personally hope that more generalized packs will come down in price. Working with individual cells is time consuming for larger systems like mine. I have not been able to score many packs last 12 months for free. I have kind of payed for them all and thats how it has been for last 3 years here.
Of course for smaller systems I do hope the the new price also come down. Atleast it has come down a fair bit.

Back