Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powerwall for Electrical Goodies
@OffGrid, is that manual transfer switch a Reliance Pro 510C? I have one that I used in my last build, and am debating whether I will install it for the house or build a completely separate system. The former would require me to move my power conditioning equipment to the house, while the latter would require another inverter and battery pack (I have an extra charge controller).
My Wall: 14s100p modular, 49x 165w CIGS panels, a couple sunnysky MPPT controllers, Sigineer 6kW inverter, Chargery BMS24T
(06-19-2019, 08:12 PM)hookemdevils22 Wrote: @OffGrid, is that manual transfer switch a Reliance Pro 510C? I have one that I used in my last build, and am debating whether I will install it for the house or build a completely separate system. The former would require me to move my power conditioning equipment to the house, while the latter would require another inverter and battery pack (I have an extra charge controller).

I bought  "Reliance 50 Amp 10-Circuit Manual Transfer Switch" from Home Depot that you see in the picture:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Reliance-Con.../206503336

But yes - I believe its the Pro/Tran 2 - 50amp - A510C

NOTE:  I performed the 'wire upgrade' described by youtube @LithiumSolar  https://youtu.be/Mnc-ODSFFy0   - as I agreed with his analysis that the wiring seemed dicey for a full 50amps Smile
Some updates. First, I am in the process of installing the remaining 6kW of panels on my home. I'm moving my equipment into the shop attached to my garage in order to reduce wiring: it's about 125'/40m from my main panel to the shop, so it's easier/cheaper to centralize equipment and just run a couple wires for the 2kW panels on top of the shop. However, my modular power shelf isn't space-friendly, which was going to take some serious work to move until...

I found some new goodies today at the local e-cycler. Three Samsung ESS boxes, 7.6kWh each (81v/94Ah). Brand new in the box, returned due to "bad tray." I can't find any info on them, but it appears that there were COM device(s) and fan(s) that have been removed. Looks like they have these 350Wh cells in a 22s1p config. The voltage is too high for my needs, so I plan to tear into them and reconfigure to a 14s4p config.

It looks like the cell connections are the metal strips shown in the second pic, with those two wiring harnesses being for a BMS. 

I also added a few more cells since my last update. I now have 1400 cells and 10.7 kWh. Here's a snapshot of the Excel file I use to track it.
My Wall: 14s100p modular, 49x 165w CIGS panels, a couple sunnysky MPPT controllers, Sigineer 6kW inverter, Chargery BMS24T
That Samsung ESS box is a REALLY nice find... looks brand new!
Looks like there are a couple cells that dropped down below 2v. I haven’t done a full voltage check on all yet, but overall voltage is low on each. The one I checked had cell 22 at 1.48v, all others at 2.95-3.05v. It looks like the individual cell connections are welded to the batteries despite them having threaded bosses. It’ll be a pain to remove if that’s the case.
(11-02-2019, 03:48 PM)higher_wire Wrote: Looks like there are a couple cells that dropped down below 2v. I haven’t done a full voltage check on all yet, but overall voltage is low on each. The one I checked had cell 22 at 1.48v, all others at 2.95-3.05v. It looks like the individual cell connections are welded to the batteries despite them having threaded bosses. It’ll be a pain to remove if that’s the case.

Easy fix... you can just connect a 1s charger and bring up the low cell only.

i would also leave it assembled... I’m sure there is something else you can do with it.  Lots of value in leaving it as it is.