Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
External limiting an GTIL2 SUN-1000G2 with raspberry
Is there any news on this topic? Would be very useful to be Able to control the GTIL2 externally.
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTop...408#123408

Your going to want to contact the guy with the handle " Madness " , he has done pcbs and further code to handle all sorts of OGI's... i purchased some off him years ago, and have worked flawlessly..

He can also be contacted through " anotherpower " forums..
I think it works !!!!
(02-13-2020, 01:49 AM)OW1000 Wrote: Is there any news on this topic? Would be very useful to be Able to control the GTIL2 externally.

I have put together my diy limiter design and am waiting for the boards to come in from China:

It has two comms ports that can be configured for TTL UART, RS232 or RS422/485 in either half or full duplex.

The idea is that one port will be for control (I'll probably use modbus protocol) and the other for monitoring only / software updating.
It also has a relay allowing the GTIL it to be disconnected from the mains when not in use to save power.

There is also a spare output that could theoretically be used to control an external contactor to disconnect the DC for the same reason.

It's a fully external unit, i.e. no modifications required to the GTIL inverter (in theory, if it works Smile )
hbpowerwall and pau1phi11ips like this post
Hi everyone, I am Giorgio and I am writing to you from Italy. I found this discussion because I am building a photovoltaic system with a 10kwh storage battery in my home. since I cannot feed electricity into the grid but I have to self-consume it in my home, I found the 2000watt GTIl2 inverter that would be perfect for my use. but there is a problem, I installed the inverter in the garage which is 75 meters away from the house and from the main electrical line where I should install the sensor clamp, so I am looking for a system to extend the measurement signal from the clamp to the 75 meters. what device can i use? I read that some of you worked on it but I don't know who to ask to buy it. can you help me ? thanks a lot to everyone.
(02-15-2020, 10:18 PM)MDJGyurgeiz Wrote: Hi everyone, I am Giorgio and I am writing to you from Italy.  I found this discussion because I am building a photovoltaic system with a 10kwh storage battery in my home.  since I cannot feed electricity into the grid but I have to self-consume it in my home, I found the 2000watt GTIl2 inverter that would be perfect for my use.  but there is a problem, I installed the inverter in the garage which is 75 meters away from the house and from the main electrical line where I should install the sensor clamp, so I am looking for a system to extend the measurement signal from the clamp to the  75 meters.  what device can i use?  I read that some of you worked on it but I don't know who to ask to buy it.  can you help me ?  thanks a lot to everyone.

I don't know of any off-the-shelf solution that would work over 75 meters.
Even the official external limiter  (which doesn't seem to be available any more anyway) was only spec'd to work up to 30M.
It might be possible to hack my diy thing I mentioned above, using a line driver IC, but that would also require a receiver board at the other end to convert it back to the correct signal to feed into the inverter.
ok. I ask you for information. you know who the real manufacturer of this inverter is
(02-17-2020, 09:32 PM)MDJGyurgeiz Wrote: ok.  I ask you for information.  you know who the real manufacturer of this inverter is

I'm sorry but I don't know.  There is nothing on the label and the only information in the manual refers to the Sunshine Website at http://www.chinesegrid.com, but that link is dead.
(02-18-2020, 08:45 AM)watts-on Wrote:
(02-17-2020, 09:32 PM)MDJGyurgeiz Wrote: ok.  I ask you for information.  you know who the real manufacturer of this inverter is

I'm sorry but I don't know.  There is nothing on the label and the only information in the manual refers to the Sunshine Website at http://www.chinesegrid.com, but that link is dead.
could it be them? http://www.deyeinverter.com/product/grid...2-2-2.html
(02-18-2020, 08:45 AM)watts-on Wrote:

Can you tell me which signal comes out of the sensor clamp? what model of gripper it is and with what characteristics
(02-25-2020, 04:40 PM)MDJGyurgeiz Wrote: Can you tell me which signal comes out of the sensor clamp? what model of gripper it is and with what characteristics

it's called a CT (current transformer) clamp, and is effectively just a coil of wire that picks up a representation of the current passing through the centre via the magnetic field it generates, and outputs it as an AC voltage proportional to the current. Its a weak analogue signal, which is why you can't have the wire too long.

This is the one that came with my inverter:

If you use the search term "100a 50ma" from the usual suspects, you should find plenty listed, however I doubt you'll find one with the correct connector. They all seem to come with 3.5mm a jack connector. Search "aviation connector" and you should find the right connector for it.