Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
External limiting an GTIL2 SUN-1000G2 with raspberry
(04-11-2020, 01:24 PM)kmsj13 Wrote: I opened my GTIL2 and saw this Wifi Plug Ver 1.2 which is different from PCB of Sir Watt.
The IC doesn't have any label so i wonder if its MAX3232 IC.

I tried to use lights to see the connection:
DB9: 
PIN 5 -GND
PIN 2 - Might be TX
PIN 3 - Might be RX
PIN 12 - 12v

clean well with isopropyl and gently remove the coating that appears to be silicone and you will see the code of the chip
So my RS232 connection works well.  BUT  I am a little disappointed from what information the inverter corresponds, just had hoped for more.
Besides registers addresses 0 to 7 (basically the serial # of the box) there are only 6 other values:
Registers 43 (? no idea what I can do with this), 59 (a status), 60 (Day active Power), 63 (Total active power), 70 (Grid Voltage), 86 (Power out) and 109 (Battery/Collector voltage).
So I will log the last 4 values, and do the controlling of the box via ext. HW connected to this 0 to 1.6 V internal connector.
admintite and Patalhetas like this post
(02-14-2020, 11:22 AM)watts-on Wrote: I have put together my diy limiter design...

I've created a new thread about by design here:
https://secondlifestorage.com/showthread...9#pid63179
Patalhetas likes this post
Last Update:
Reading the Inverter data and setting the output power works (via RS232). Thanks for the fine information in this thread that helped me.

Hi folks,

I have invertor SUN-2000G2. Can you help me with decoding of output data from modbus?

Currently, the inverter is not connected to panels. I expected zero values Sad.

Code:
> client.read_holding_registers address=0 count=8 unit=1                                                                                                                                                                             
{
    "registers": [
    ]
}
(03-23-2020, 04:31 PM)Doin it Wrote: I am not grounding the CT or shielding at all and it always reads accurately...
also did u install the required resistor in your sensor cables wiring?
U are reading negative on both L1 and L2.. if u only read negative on one of the legs (once u correct the probelem) then this is normal.. the reason negative on one leg is normal (not backfeed) is due to the way your electric company meter reads your home usage..,, it reads both phases as a whole so negative on one leg gets subtracted from other leg to net zero..

Doin it, it turns out the GTI with limiter was defective. I swapped it out and things seemed to be working. Limiter circuitry would lose its mind and GTI would just start over producing.

I want to make one note to anyone out here who is using 240v GTI with limiter . Everything posted in the past with polarity of CT on L1 and L2 is correct with the exception of one thing I noted.

I believe at some point in this thread it was said that the 2 CT should be connected in series. Well that is wrong, they should be connected in parallel. They are after all Current Transformers and CT connected in series does not sum the currents, currents are summed in parallel. So CT on L2 and L1 connected in parallel will sum currents.

I was looking over my install one day and noted the problem.

I am of course referring to 240v GTI installed in NA where we have 240v split voltage .
(07-08-2020, 06:11 PM)MartinCZ Wrote: Hi folks,

I have invertor SUN-2000G2. Can you help me with decoding of output data from modbus?

Currently, the inverter is not connected to panels. I expected zero values Sad.

Code:
> client.read_holding_registers address=0 count=8 unit=1                                                                                                                                                                             
{
    "registers": [
    ]
}

Try this, should read grid voltage:

client.read_holding_registers address=46 count=1 unit=1
@lepdiypowerwalls, thank you.

Does any documentation exist for this?  Something like @jkammler's app screenshot (comment 63741).
I want to create a module for sending information from the inverter to MQTT broker (Home Automatization) by ESP32.