Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
External limiting an GTIL2 SUN-1000G2 with raspberry
(09-15-2020, 11:44 PM)Cheap 4-life Wrote: ajw22. I am using 2 GTIL2. I am using 2 CTs and paralleling an additional aero connector for the second inverter. Works wonderfully
My answer to your PM message as you do not accept PM messages.
If you are going to use the PM system please turn on "Receive private messages from other users"  as it is very frustrating to answer an PM and get this popup.

when you attempt to return the message!
To enable your PM account to be able to receive PM's please check the following.

Thanks  

Wolf
Quote:Thanks for your input. I appreciate it. One of the reasons I switched back to 1 unit per Mains was I needed more wattage anyway.
So I now have 2 GTIL2 supplying ~850W each on L1 and L2. Whether the first installation of the GTIL2 1000 was back feeding or not you are more than  likely right as my understanding of split phase 240 has increased. So nevertheless the process has tought me a lot and at this point I am satisfied with the results I am getting now. BTW I have always had and still do have negative values turned on on my IoTaWatt and I see an occasional 2 maybe 3 Watts back feeding on one or the other line but that is so negligible I am certainly not worried about it.
Wolf
Cheap 4-life likes this post
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
Sorry bought that. Didn’t know I had to change settings to receive pms. I changed it thank you

What do you mean by you needed more wattage? That shouldn’t affect which voltage the inverters should supply. For instance I have 2 240v GTIL2 going.
Glad your happy with it. I’ve also learned a lot since installing these inverters. Btw Art Lowery suggests that if a user wants to say undetected by the grid then they should not use a 120v supply from these inverters. I don’t know exactly why. I think it has something to do with the inverters trying to supply 120v power when the loads are 240v, and the meter reads 240v and inverters supplying 120v unbalances the 240v or something. He’s the creator- main seller of the dual sensing cables for 240v.
(09-16-2020, 01:19 AM)Cheap 4-life Wrote: Sorry bought that. Didn’t know I had to change settings to receive pms. I changed it thank you

What do you mean by you needed more wattage? That shouldn’t affect which voltage the inverters should supply.
Glad your happy with it. I’ve learned a lot aswell since installing these inverters. Btw Art Lowery suggests that if a user wants to say undetected by the grid then they should not use a 120v supply from these inverters. I don’t know exactly why. He’s the creator- main seller of the dual sensing cables for 240v.

My initial GTIL2 was a 1000. A 1000 was not enough Wattage to power all my house at times so I got another 1000 and now I have 2000W.
1000W on L1 and 1000W on L2  =2000W or in reality max abt 1800W.

Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool
you could have connected the second inverter to 240v the same way the first was connected to 240v. Switching back to one unit per mains (120v) would not enable you to have more wattage than connecting the second inverter at 240v same as the first
(09-16-2020, 01:45 AM)Cheap 4-life Wrote: you could have connected the second inverter to 240v the same way the first was connected to 240v. Switching back to one unit per mains (120v) would not enable you to have more wattage than connecting the second inverter at 240v same as the first
Could have but didn't
All in all watts are watts 120 or 240.
Wolf
For Info Google Drive

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool