Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
External limiting an GTIL2 SUN-1000G2 with raspberry
Is there any news on this topic? Would be very useful to be Able to control the GTIL2 externally.
http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/ViewTop...408#123408

Your going to want to contact the guy with the handle " Madness " , he has done pcbs and further code to handle all sorts of OGI's... i purchased some off him years ago, and have worked flawlessly..

He can also be contacted through " anotherpower " forums..
I think it works !!!!
(02-13-2020, 01:49 AM)OW1000 Wrote: Is there any news on this topic? Would be very useful to be Able to control the GTIL2 externally.

I have put together my diy limiter design and am waiting for the boards to come in from China:

It has two comms ports that can be configured for TTL UART, RS232 or RS422/485 in either half or full duplex.

The idea is that one port will be for control (I'll probably use modbus protocol) and the other for monitoring only / software updating.
It also has a relay allowing the GTIL it to be disconnected from the mains when not in use to save power.

There is also a spare output that could theoretically be used to control an external contactor to disconnect the DC for the same reason.

It's a fully external unit, i.e. no modifications required to the GTIL inverter (in theory, if it works Smile )
hbpowerwall and pau1phi11ips like this post
Hi everyone, I am Giorgio and I am writing to you from Italy. I found this discussion because I am building a photovoltaic system with a 10kwh storage battery in my home. since I cannot feed electricity into the grid but I have to self-consume it in my home, I found the 2000watt GTIl2 inverter that would be perfect for my use. but there is a problem, I installed the inverter in the garage which is 75 meters away from the house and from the main electrical line where I should install the sensor clamp, so I am looking for a system to extend the measurement signal from the clamp to the 75 meters. what device can i use? I read that some of you worked on it but I don't know who to ask to buy it. can you help me ? thanks a lot to everyone.