Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My adventures
Very interested, just not a face book fan.
Will see it soon on the news then i guess  Wink
I still have heaps of work to do before it can even be communicated to the world... You're always welcome to come and have a look :p
wim likes this post
Just an update. I am testing cells again with the diy test stand.

The collection of good cells is growing and recently most are plus 2500mAh.

Also a picture of recent e bike packs with prismatic cells. I will process those too, too much storage capacity to throw away.
I cant add the pics from my mobile.....
Three e bike batteries 44 cells each, and all cells test 0V.......

Another pack with 60 cells around 0,65V.....

That is what you call bad luck.....
Have you tried to recover any low voltage cells?
There are discussions on the forum about using very low currents being successful. e.g. 1 tp4056 feeding multiple cells in parallel.
With that many cells it might be worthwhile for you?
I kind of read about it and decided not to recover the realy low ones.... I just dont know what lead them to go so low and what the consequences are for the cell....

Thanks for the advice though! It is painful to toss 60 cells at once but I do not want to cut corners in terms of safety
(08-11-2019, 08:52 AM)Ivo Staelens Wrote: Just an update. I am testing cells again with the diy test stand.

The collection of good cells is growing and recently most are plus 2500mAh.

Also a picture of recent e bike packs with prismatic cells. I will process those too, too much storage capacity to throw away.

I figured it out
I had the same lot of them of what you have on your stairs, I brought them to the recycler two weeks ago.
Nobody wanted to trade them for a six pack....
Last week we drove to Belgium, Lummen, i would be very happy to give to you, or sended.

If i encounter more of them, save them or leave them?
I don't know how it works over there, but ebike dealers in the Netherlands know exactly what to give away or sell, aint much good.....just saying.
(08-17-2019, 06:35 PM)100kwh-hunter Wrote: I had the same lot of them of what you have on your stairs, I brought them to the recycler two weeks ago.
Nobody wanted to trade them for a six pack....
Last week we drove to Belgium, Lummen, i would be very happy to give to you, or sended.

If i encounter more of them, save them or leave them?
I don't know how it works over there, but ebike dealers in the Netherlands know exactly what to give away or sell, aint much good.....just saying.

Save them! They are not 18650, but they hold electricity so you can test them the save way and integrate them in ur powerwall ?