Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PowerShed One
(10-07-2017, 04:38 PM)AZ_Tekkie Wrote:
(10-07-2017, 05:53 AM)aatheus Wrote: Fed the small bus bar tonight, and did a bit of wire tidy. 2 AWG wire for 60A is probably overkill, but why not? Smile

That dual bus bar puts your + and - pretty close together, makes me nervous looking at it lol.  I opted for two separate bus bars to keep any accidental shorts to a minimum Smile

I'll definitely be doing bus bar work with the breakers off Smile

One thing that may be hard to tell from the photos is that the +ive and -ive bars are split level. They're 1/2" or so apart.
Well, managed to blow something up at last. I found out the hard way that the WatchMon is reverse-polarity protected, but the ExpansionBoard isn't. A big plume of smoke was the solder mask vaporizing off of the tracks near the power input.

Argh. Replacement (and the fuse that I should have been using) are on order. WatchMon still seems happy, at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3Slt1PVxwA

Oh no!
I hope the replacement arrives quickly.
OOhuch!
Save 10% at Battery Hookup with code 'Powerwalls' Just enter it in checkout www.batteryhookup.com
12v 15A converter up and running! Got a little 12v 10w LED floodlight up and working, which should make night time an easier time to work!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQpX3NIFgKk

Photos taken before I'd tied things in to the 12v DC block. Argh, memory..
mormor1971 likes this post
That's not a breaker... THAT's a breaker! 200A 3-pole breaker with 24V shunt trip control arrived today.

I will have to test the breaker when I get home. The seller on eBay took a bit of liberty with their condition description. They claim that it's refurbished. I... have my doubts.

Korishan and mormor1971 like this post
They might be selling it "refurbished" due to the chip at the one lug. And maybe the contacts were cleaned. That might be all that was done to it. Definitely needs testing, for sure.

How much did it cost, if I may ask?
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
(10-12-2017, 12:21 AM)Korishan Wrote: They might be selling it "refurbished" due to the chip at the one lug. And maybe the contacts were cleaned. That might be all that was done to it. Definitely needs testing, for sure.

How much did it cost, if I may ask?

The breaker was $175 with free shipping.

Filed a return request on eBay (item not matching description) and ordered a similar breaker from a different vendor who has better pictures. We'll see how it goes on both...
neilmc, mormor1971, Korishan like this post
The original seller came through with a replacement. Now I have a breaker that doesn't look like it was stolen from the breaker panel that fell off the truck.

Now I will have 2 high power breakers. Hmm. Ideas...
Rad and mormor1971 like this post
How did it not match description? Or did the seller not mention it was chipped?
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)