Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belgium people: united we should stand
(11-24-2017, 01:21 AM)Korishan Wrote: I wonder if you came up with a letter of liability release stating that by taking these cells/batteries off their hands they would not be held liable for what ever happens to the cells/batteries once they leave the building if they'd be more willing to give the cells/batteries to us.  *ponders*

I in essence had to do that, luckily I have whats called an "field safety representative" endorsement from our provincial safety authority for electrical safety so I used that as my "waiver". Not sure if other countries/municipalities also have such a thing.
wima greener alternative.... ? Now you made me curious Shy

I have it in my head for a couple of years already. It s a truly long term thing. First of all i want to get the powerwall built somewhere next year
(11-25-2017, 06:41 AM)Ivo Staelens Wrote: wima greener alternative.... ? Now you made me curious Shy

I have it in my head for a couple of years already. It s a truly long term thing. First of all i want to get the powerwall built somewhere next year

Its the same here in Ireland, all the recyclers are inspected regularly and are afraid of loosing their certification if they pass on or sell anything to anyone else who hasn't got the same certification. This makes it almost impossible to source anything useful in any quantity.

I even tried to get my own certificate myself in order to get a supply but the cost was crazy of course and there were planning restrictions etc, etc.

Ironically the Irish government is rumored to be lobbying against many of the curbs on the burning of fossil fuels and green environmental measures in the new round of EU negotiations. Environmental issues don't feature here until there's a certification fee for something. Green island my arse!

It took me over one 2 years to get a descent supply of packs to even start a powerwall. Last night I got another 95 packs at €1 each which is all I'm prepared to pay, its not worth any more for a 40-50% retrieval rate. This should get me to 14s 100p and a 48v setup which I want. But this is just a start really with maybe 8-10 usable kW Hrs.
Realistically I need double that at least.

Stay in there it will happen, the whole establishment is in for a shock when the energy market sees more and more people go to home generation and storage over time.
We are all just mad fools who want it now!

Jimmy
(12-06-2017, 11:42 AM)SemaJG Wrote: ...
We are all just mad fools who want it now!

Soooo true... no patience at all here. Big Grin
same here in Westerlo, local bike shops is the way to go!
Bebat and IOK never even answered my mails when i asked to have the local recycling-park to keep them apart for my school-project
most of my second life cells i harvested from e-bike battery's i repaired for friends and family... after 1 year i'm only at 500 usable cells
so i have build my 33kwh powerwall (14s192p) with new cells
In the Netherlands we have degrootrecycler.
He had some serious fight with our roberments.
Indeed he gets it with truckloads, and sells some for a fair price.
I thought also whole batteries by the kilo.
I believe he is back in business.

For the ebike stores, speaking for Holland. they now exactly what to "give" away.
I think the most of us spend countless hours looking for those good ebike or laptop shops and take good care of them when we find one.

But i must say, your thinking outside the box is very good, you have my vote.
It will be worthless and any effort is a waste of energy, roberments and money will win.
But without people like us, people would be still walking in bear skins and did not invent the wheel or fire, and would still be digging for carrots bare handed and hunting with stones........ keep that always in your mind!

Don't follow your dreams....go for it.