Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi Everyone
Still have not started testing, but have over 1600 cells extracted now. I have nearly finished extracting all my cells, but there are more on the way.
I have not had much time recently so progress has been slow.
I have lost track a little, but I think there are about 1950 extracter cells now.
I can also get more batteries to extract, so I will concentrate on that while the source of batteries is there.
I have started on consistency testing of one of the zb206 testers and the results look good.
I am a big fan of the degradation testing performed by "generic" here so I have started doing something similar.
Generic has done many cycles and compared capacity loss of different types of cells.
I am doing something similar.
My test is with 2 cells that are the same type and came from the same recycled battery.
All cells in that battery had normal voltages when extracted.
I am using a single tp4056 and single zb206 for consistency.
So far almost 40 tests have been completed on these cells (20 cycles on each cell).
So far I have not seen any noticeable drop in capacity or change in IR.
What I have noticed is that capacity results seem to be lower when ambient temperature is lower. I might make another post in the testing section of the forum to discuss this.
DCkiwi likes this post
I have stopped on the cycle testing of the 2 cells. I did not see any degradation in the tests that I did.
I might pick it up again later, but for now I am wanting to get a powerwall going!
I have about 3000 cells, but still a few hundred to extract from packs. I have 21 tp4056 set up and have started charging cells for self discharge testing.
There are 350 charged at the moment set aside to wait for a month and I am adding to them as fast as possible.
I also have purchased enough 4x5 cell holders for 1500 cells.
I have also purchased 18 x 250w as well as 11 x 195w solar panels for next to nothing.
There are also some more cells arriving soon...
camthecam likes this post
Thanks for the update! I've just finished 800 cycles, and the LG cell I have is still going great! I think data sheets are really conservative, I think these cells can handle a thousand or more cycles as long as they are monitored fairly closely (unlike the stress a laptop pack would go through). I can't wait to see your finished powerwall!
Oz18650 likes this post
Formerly known as Dallski
Thanks for the confirmation the the LG cell you are testing looks good. That is reassuring for my project!
Another approx 1600 cells have arrived, but need a fair amount of work to extract them.
I have 742 cells charged and waiting and still adding to them asap. I should be able to get another 14 chargers setup soon too.
Generic likes this post