WTF - 4029mAh 16850

Chris Davis

This morning when I got to my desk I found something odd... I looked again and sure enough on my Opus BT-3100 v2.2 #3 I see 4029mAh... I must be still asleep... so I went back upstairs and got some coffee, when I came back, yea, it's still there..

So time to verify, it is now running in my Opus BT-3100 v2.2 #1 and lets see if we get the same results.
image_oiyzvf.jpgimage_yvhgwy.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's a nice battery! Now discard the rest and make all your packs with 4k and above!

Bin that cell. You are testing in charge mode and if you can push in 4Ah in charge mode = its a heater/self discharger. You should test capacity only with discharge and not charge.

daromer is right this cell have problems to reach 4.20V, so it still consuming current and dissipating heat, let it rest just for a day and check voltage again.

During the day I use discharge mode so when the test is finished I charge it with TP4065 while at night I use charge test mode, this way the next morning you get discharged current at screen and the cell charged.

I've had a few Sanyo cells reach the 4000mAh in charge mode too, and they also got hot so to the battery recycling bin they went. :p

jesusangel said:
During the day I use discharge mode so when the test is finished I charge it with TP4065 while at night I use charge test mode, this way the next morning you get discharged current at screen and the cell charged.

The problem with different charge discharge tests day and night is that the day tests will be charge from random capacity to full capacity and then dischargedown down to known cut-off and then charge back up to full capacity, whereas the night charge will be to charge from random state of charge to full and then recording that.

Unless you know that all of your cells have been discharged to known cut-off then you're starting from a random start capacity and this cannot compare the two capacity tests.

Unless, of course, the Opus will discharge to known cut-off that is, I don't have any Opus charges so don't know.

On the test discharge the opus always meassure from full to empty. You should not consider charging as capacity. Thats only for checking the efficiency of a battery ie compare the charge to discharge and the charge should be bloody close on lithium.

I re-ran the test, and it looks like the first one was an anomaly. Also from what I understand the maH is still tested on the discharge cycle, but the opus makes sure the battery is full first. The reason I fell that to be true it here is what I have observed.

Part 1: charges till battery reads 4.2v
Part 2: discharge cycle starts.
Part 3: discharge complete now displays maH
Part 4: charging cycle starts
Part 5: battery full, display flips between full, and maH.
image_hqanqq.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

mormor1971 said:
jesusangel said:

The problem with different charge discharge tests day and night is that the day tests will be charge from random capacity to full capacity and then dischargedown down to known cut-off and then charge back up to full capacity, whereas the night charge will be to charge from random state of charge to full and then recording that.

Unless you know that all of your cells have been discharged to known cut-off then you're starting from a random start capacity and this cannot compare the two capacity tests.

Unless, of course, the Opus will discharge to known cut-off that is, I don't have any Opus charges so don't know.

During night test, I get tested cellsand fully chargedatopus and fully charged cells at tp4056, the same that will use in discharge test during the day, so values reported by opus in both tests are from full to 2.8V.

Back