7s10p

iofosho

Im
image_vmsznm.jpg

image_nqenli.jpg
just looking for everyones opinion

Yeap 8s not 7s :)

Nice work. Most of the solder joints are good. It looks like the side in the right picture is the side you started with as they don't look as good as the ones on the left picture.

Looks good to me :) And yes, looks to be 8s, not 7s, unless we missed something in the pics

I guess I messed up, but my inverter says that the max Voltage is 30v. Is this ok

30v / 8 = 3.75V Max per cell charge. And your inverter will cut out around 23V or so? If it's 23V, then 23 / 8 = 2.875V per cell, which is too low. If it's 24V, then / 8 = 3V per cell, which is still a little low. If 25V is the cutout, / 8 = 3.125V per cell, this is a lot better and getting into the safe depletion zone of Lithiums Cobolt cells.

Korishan said:
30v / 8 = 3.75V Max per cell charge. And your inverter will cut out around 23V or so? If it's 23V, then 23 / 8 = 2.875V per cell, which is too low. If it's 24V, then / 8 = 3V per cell, which is still a little low. If 25V is the cutout, / 8 = 3.125V per cell, this is a lot better and getting into the safe depletion zone of Lithiums Cobolt cells.

Now I get it thanks

So I should make it cut out at 23v then. Thank u guys for all ur comments this is very helpful

Sorry never mind. Im totally messing up I got ????? u

Which is y 7s10p is the better pack

Not 8s10p

No, you dont want 23V on an 8s string, you want 25V cutout. 23V will leave your cells too low.

30V / 7 = 4.28V max per cell (this is actually too high, so you should only go to 28 - 29V max, as this will be 4.14V per cell max)
23V / 7 = 3.29V. This is the safe bottom limit for the cells. You could even go to 22V
22V = 7 = 3.14V per cell. But this would be the absolute lowest you'd want to go.

In going over 4.2V or lower than 3.2V per cell, you are shortening the life span of the cells. By going to a max of 4.1V and no lower than 3.3V, you can drastically increase the life span (charge cycles) of the cells. And we're talkin several 1000 cycles by doing this, not just 100's.

So if you can go to 7s, much better to do so and much safer for the cells.

Korishan said:
No, you dont want 23V on an 8s string, you want 25V cutout. 23V will leave your cells too low.

30V / 7 = 4.28V max per cell (this is actually too high, so you should only go to 28 - 29V max, as this will be 4.14V per cell max)
23V / 7 = 3.29V. This is the safe bottom limit for the cells. You could even go to 22V
22V = 7 = 3.14V per cell. But this would be the absolute lowest you'd want to go.

In going over 4.2V or lower than 3.2V per cell, you are shortening the life span of the cells. By going to a max of 4.1V and no lower than 3.3V, you can drastically increase the life span (charge cycles) of the cells. And we're talkin several 1000 cycles by doing this, not just 100's.

So if you can go to 7s, much better to do so and much safer for the cells.

copy that. Yes I miss interpreted it,I understand nowwhat u were trying to tell me. Thank u guys for the great feed back. I will convert my pack to a 7s. I messed myself when I was counting the # of series(what a dummy). Once again much appreciated for the great feed back. ALOHA

Don't sweat it. We are all learning here and we are constantly gaining more knowledge. That's what this group is all about :)

Yeap go 7s instead and dont cry :) We all learn by mistaken. Luckily I dont have a live stream all the time because then it would not have been a diy tech channel i run but a "laugh at diy tech channel" :p

Back