Paralleled cells

iofosho

Ok so most of u guys use the 14s80p, which means u have 80 cells in parallel. My question is how many cells can u put in parallel to work with the batrium bms, so in other words what is the maximum amount of cells can a series string have in parallel

As many as you like, want, need or can handle. If balancing with one LongMon isn't effective because the capacity is too high you can always attach more than one to a module.

The total capacity should be below 300Ah but it can do 500Ah rather well... Its just a matter of how long do you want to wait for it to balance and how much unbalanced packs in terms of self discharge do you want to be able to have the BMS save you from?

My big packs are 400Ah here per Longmon and it works but it takes alot of time to do initial balancing. We are talking about 2 weeks. Note that balancing is only running when idle or when charging and above certain state of charge. This isnt many hours per day.

Unlike serial connections, parallel connections are virtually unlimited. As DarkRaven said, you are only limited to your quantity of cells, space requirements, and ability to move them. So, if you wanted 1000 cells in parallel, go for it! Just don't make 1 large pack as that would be hard to move around later ;)

And as daromer mentions, balancing would be an issue as it could take a looooooooooong time to do the job.

Paralell is not unlimited in terms of number if we talk about Batrium that was the question.
1000 cells with one Batrium longmon and running 2ah cells is not recomended at all! With 2nd hand cells you will never be able to get that in balance.

daromer said:
Paralell is not unlimited in terms of number if we talk about Batrium that was the question.
1000 cells with one Batrium longmon and running 2ah cells is not recomended at all! With 2nd hand cells you will never be able to get that in balance.

If I understand correctly, you can just put 2 longmons on a larger pack then, right? Assuming your goal is larger packs and don't care about buying additional longmons.

You can of course but the reporting will be weird. If so its better to split those packs in 2 parts :)

Back