Imbedded pictures

Korishan

Administrator
I like that you were able to get the pictures quality better and such. I know some of that stuff can be a bit frustrating getting things set correctly.

However, the one thing that I don't care for is that clicking on an image opens it up in a new tab.

Could it be possible to do:

1) open a layer (div covering or something)and display it ontop of the page
2) give us the option to open in current tab or open new tab (or include #1) [figure this would be a preference setting per user]

just my .02 worth :)

I considered a lightbox at first but backed off of the idea due to the complexities, plus we prefer to keep the extra impressions generated by the page reloading. I see no reason though that it "has" to open in a new tab. I went with that only because the default MyBB attachments works. After using it for a while though, I would agree with you that it is rather annoying. I updated the embed codes to remove the new tabs. If a user still wishes to open the images in new tabs, all they have to do is hold down the Ctrl (control) key when they click. This is standard in any web brower :)

Thank you for your input!

I would also like to see to open the image as overlay. Its easy and works BUT

*It can complicate things on mobile
*You still need to make sure open in new tab (rightclick) works and it does that without overlay

Extra for loading is just some bytes. Some js code and a hidden div to stuck the image in :)

Thats how i would solve it :)

The mobile issue can be resolved easy too, just check to see if the browser is from a mobile device and don't open that same way, but a different way, perhaps a page forward of the link and the user just goes 'back' to the page to continue reading.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks of this as an option ;)

Back