Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Liitokala Engineer Lii 500 Charger
Hi wondering if there are many users with these chargers and how they are behaving?
I have three so far in service and I just bought more to speed things up while I'm waiting for some TP4056's to arrive from China for pre-charging the cells.
Ironically one of the Liitokala's is now playing up and one slot is not working any longer. The offending slot just shows 4.31V on the display and END on the cycle while stuck in Charge mode.

Is there a re-set/fix that's possible? I know they're a cheap charger and all that but I'm happy with the other units so far however they have only done about 100 cells each if that to date.

Jimmy
(11-14-2017, 11:51 AM)SemaJG Wrote: Hi wondering if there are many users with these chargers and how they are behaving?
I have three so far in service and I just bought more to speed things up while I'm waiting for some TP4056's to arrive from China for pre-charging the cells.
Ironically one of the Liitokala's is now playing up and one slot is not working any longer. The offending slot just shows 4.31V on the display and END on the cycle while stuck in Charge mode.

Is there a re-set/fix that's possible? I know they're a cheap charger and all that but I'm happy with the other units so far however they have only done about 100 cells each if that to date.

Jimmy
My 4 units have cycled almost 3000 cells. Haven't had any issues yet. That being said, they'll probably explode now.  Undecided lol
Cell progress: 2016/10/17:                                       Business Owner                                       Projects:
180cells@2.0                                             http://18650shrinkandcellholders.com                     www.PortableRecycledPower.com
600cells@2.1-2.6a                                                                                                                8Kw Powerwall  
70cells@2.7a+                                                                                                                     1Kw PowerBlade 
                                                                                                                                          16Kw PowerRack (concept)
                                                                                                                                          12v LED Sconce
Two of mine now have issues.
https://youtu.be/8nciksNgR1c
Not sure whats going on, bought direct from official store on Alixpress

J
Ask for a refund from Aliexpress. They shouldn't have this problem.

Also, are any cells above 4.23-4.25V on the last slot when charging? Maybe the unit's display is bugged.
The power of lithium ion is in our hands!
We'll show them what we're made of!
Yes I have contacted the seller BlueSwordM but no response so far I guess it open a dispute time then, never good. These are only fit for the bin.
Yes the display reads over 4.20 on one slot at least. Dont trust these two devices any more, my other one is fine and like I say ironically there are two more in the post Smile

J
I've purchased 3 from Banggood. The first two have processed about 2000 cells. The third one only arrived yesterday.
No issues yet.

Something that I have noticed with these is that they won't recognise that there is a cell in the slot if the cell is at or close to 2v. If the cell is under 2v, it will end the charge at 2v and then won't recognise the cell if you put it back in. People charging with a TP4056 first won't be noticing this.

I'm using a 18650 battery holder on a hobby charger to bring cells above about 2.4v before putting them in the LitoKala.

I do occaisionally get a slot that seems to be frozen. This seems to happen if I remove a cell early (eg it's obviously junk and I can't be bothered waiting for the cycle to finish). When that happens (which isn't very often), mine have reset themselves when left for 20-30 minutes.
Yes I too was very happy with the chargers until a couple of days ago, only done about 100 cells each if that. No problems at all but now two have gone badly wrong for some reason. Been on to Alixpress because tbere was no reply from Liitokala the sellers, they're trying to sort it out.

J
(11-15-2017, 02:48 PM)SemaJG Wrote: Yes I too was very happy with the chargers until a couple of days ago, only done about 100 cells each if that. No problems at all but now two have gone badly wrong for some reason. Been on to Alixpress because tbere was no reply from Liitokala the sellers, they're trying to sort it out.

J

Hope they sort it out for you!
Just ordered 3 of these, being cheap I'm not expecting the world, I like the norm test, if they play up I'll move over to the opus.
Big Grin 
(11-16-2017, 12:03 PM)jestronix Wrote: Just ordered 3 of these, being cheap I'm not expecting the world, I like the norm test, if they play up I'll move over to the opus.

Norm test works ok... if your chargers aren't faulty like mine Big Grin
I think it only discharges at 700mA though which is ok for me, could be wrong. Might be worth pre-charging the cells somehow if possible and testing in the Liitokalas to save the units which is what I plan to do from now on.

Jimmy