Where Did You Find Us?

Initially I found out about using 18650 cells through electronics YouTube videos. I've been using LiFePO4 in our caravan an auxiliary battery in my 4WD. I found by accident some YouTube videos about 18650 cells being used as powerwalls. The YouTube videos by Pete (HBPowerwall) particularly interested me, and, in turn, led me to this forum.

it would be of particular interest if anyone found this forum directly via search engines?

I found the forum through HBPowerwall's videos. Actually started down this road from Jehu's videos, though. I've got a meager collection of about 100 cells, all collected from recycled packs, so best I can get is about 1700mAh cells. All the testing is done with a bench PSU and an accucel charger/discharger. I have yet to buy new old stock, but may head down that road when I've got the resources. Looking to do everything on the cheap at the moment.

It's been awhile, but I think I found the forum through HBPowerWall's videos on Youtube. There were several other who had mentioned the forum and user as well, and I decided to check it out. And I'm impressed with it. You guys keep the topics pretty right on topic, knowledgeable (and learning more), and readily active. I enjoy reading the posts and being able to contribute as well.

is there room for more under there :)

hbpowerwall said:
is there room for more under there :)

Given the way the price of solar has been dropping room under the array is the least of my problems.

I found on YouTube, the suggested videos from watching jehugarcia & EVWest videos.
I have built a number of solar systems, my RV system needs new battery bank and have been collecting 18650's to give a try , only have about 80 cells , about 15 of those 0 or close to, so really 60 some cells .
Should be in my PO box on Monday one of theiMAX B6AC V2 to classify each cell , right now just using benchsupplyto get all to 4v for the 1st round of testing .
Also want to use for portable power for ham radio .
I have around 1,400 watts of solar , and still buying more when I can .
Helping a friend built a solar system in his new class a motor home , got him thinking about buying one of the Tesla S batteries , just 1 or 2 sections , or 5kwhunits.
I can't afford one of those .
Looks like a good site .

John

Always good to find out how people found us :) welcome and enjoy your stay.

Thanks to Google for the love :) ooh and welcome!

I found Pete on youtube looking for info about 18650

A combination of different youtube channels with Jehu leading to Peter and many others...
Set up an account here (and on endless-sphere) to gather as much knowledge as I can before diving into this new hobby project :)

Welcome to all the members, hard to say it too all but WELCOME!

mike said:
Where did you hear about DIYPowerwalls? I assume for most it will be either Peter's Youtube channel or the Facebook group. I'm curious to see if anyone found their way here from another forum, social group, or search engine like Google.

I found forum on YouTube of course..

Back