MPP SOLAR MPI hybrid inverter no connexion

cristof

Hello,
I received 2 days ago my MPP SOLAR MPI Hybrid inverter.

It's working well from the keyboard, and I can changes settings.
But I can not control it with the software provided by MPP SOLAR.My laptop (DELL inspiron is under window 10) The link with the inverter is USB, the inverter is not recognized. when I connect the USB cable, I can hear the sound of notification from window but nothing appears in the device management
[size=small]I uninstalled the usb driver and then installed it again, but nothing.
there is an autorun on the CD, but it does not work. I copied the directory directly to my PC and executed the program with solarpower.exe. The program executes well but no communication with the inverter. The program is the same as for PIP, plus a section for grid management
[/size]

[size=small]Does anybody can help me ?[/size]
[size=small] image_teudei.jpg[/size]

[size=small]image_ssydkm.jpg[/size]

[size=small]image_shhcdf.jpg
[/size]

Is there a usb hub or so in between the inverter and computer? They can be a problem.
If not,try a other (short)usbcable...

wim said:
Is there a usb hub or so in between the inverter and computer? They can be a problem.

No Hub, the usb cable is straight from laptop to inverter. It's a new one provided with the inverter

cristof said:
wim said:

No Hub, the usb cable is straight from laptop to inverter. It's a new one provided with the inverter

Still, if windows is not registrating a new usb device, it looks like a problem with the cable... or ofcourse a problem with the inverter.
Those cables provided with the inverter are cheap ones, try an other...
You can also lookon the MPP website for the latest drivers and sofware, and install them,these are oftennewer.

wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:

Still, if windows is not registrating a new usb device, it looks like a problem with the cable... or ofcourse a problem with the inverter.
You can also lookon the MPP website for the latest drivers and sofware, and install them,these are oftennewer.

I can try with a new usb cable, but one side is a square connector, and where I live it's not easy to find. There is serie connexion on inverter what can also run the software, but no serie (db9) connector on my laptop

cristof said:
wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:

I can try with a new usb cable, but one side is a square connector, and where I live it's not easy to find. There is serie connexion on inverter what can also run the software, but no serie (db9) connector on my laptop

Those cables are pretty common, but it is Sunday in France also, i presume... ;)
A RS232 to USB converter cable is a option also, but i would try something else before, becourse those converters do not work Always.
You will not findany db9 connectors ona laptopanymore...

So the only thing you can try right now, isto download the new software and driversfrom theMPP website and do a new install.

wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:

Those cables are pretty common, but it is Sunday in France also, i presume... ;)
A RS232 to USB converter cable is a option also, but i would try something else before, becourse those converters do not work Always.

So the only thing you can try right now, isto download the new software and driversfrom theMPP website and do a new install.

I had a look in MPP website, but I can't find any update. I have also tryed an "online update " from software but the server said I have the last one.

cristof said:
wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:
cristof said:

I had a look in MPP website, but I can't find any update. I have also tryed an "online update " from software but the server said I have the last one.

First un-install allthe old sofware and drivers, and do a proper install from the website... , this becourse in your OP you did say you only run the solarpower.exe, this is not a install, i think this could be an issue.
As i sayd, it is Sunday, so what else to do. :D

Beware of that the software for the Hybrid is NOT same as the one for the PIP. The PIP uses Watchpower meanwhile the Hybrid uses Solarpower. They may look the same but they work differently and only work with said inverter.

What version of Solar power? Also have you talked to MPP about it? There was another guy that had same issue and he got another version that worked.

You got 2 different solar power versions here: https://voltaconsolar.com/monitoring-software

daromer said:
Beware of that the software for the Hybrid is NOT same as the one for the PIP. The PIP uses Watchpower meanwhile the Hybrid uses Solarpower. They may look the same but they work differently and only work with said inverter.

What version of Solar power? Also have you talked to MPP about it? There was another guy that had same issue and he got another version that worked.

You got 2 different solar power versions here: https://voltaconsolar.com/monitoring-software

Hi Daromer,
I use SolarPower V1.12 (the one in the CD from MPP).
I have send a mesage to MPP but it's week-end.
I'm gona test with voltaconsolar.
regards

wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:

First un-install allthe old sofware and drivers, and do a proper install from the website... , this becourse in your OP you did say you only run the solarpower.exe, this is not a install, i think this could be an issue.

Daromer, what is the version you use with your 3 phase 10KW MPI inverter ?

cristof said:
daromer said:

Hi Daromer,
I use SolarPower V1.12 (the one in the CD from MPP).
I have send a mesage to MPP but it's week-end.
I'm gona test with voltaconsolar.
regards

wim said:
cristof said:
wim said:
cristof said:

Daromer, what is the version you use with your 3 phase 10KW MPI inverter ?

If you mean me.. i have solarpower 1.09 (same as Danil's)

*sigh* a quote in a quote in a quote in a quote in a quote. When's the madness gonna end?!? :s
I guess just go to the last post and read that to get the whole thread in one post.

I had a look to Voltaconsolar, the version is same as I have ( V-1.12).
They also have a pro one, but it's for Web management.

Im not sure what version I run currently. I can check later on tonight and see. But I know that not all versions work of some reason. But I have also seen problem with the USB.

Do you have any chance to test on another computer?

Yes I did it yesterday, with other laptot under Window 10.
It was the same.
In the MPP CD there is an .EXE called "communication assistant"
I have run it, it send command every 2 second to inverter and have responce.
if while runing I unplug the usb cable, there is an error message (red lines in photo)

image_dwcvwx.jpg

but still nothing in management device.

I have started to talk with MPP solar suport. I thing it will be a long way !
of course, they ask me to do things I have already done !

cristof said:
of course, they ask me to do things I have already done !

That's cuz they are looking at the same web page(s) as you were :p Just like every other tech company. Did they ask you if it was plugged in?

No, but they ask if I had "Administrator rights" for MY Laptop. :D

New here & jumping on the end of an existing thread.

I'd like to hear others feedback on this software & it's setup.

Specifically what the screen layouts are like.

I've searched quite a lot, but not finding answers.

My installation show 2 sets of PV parameters for both voltage & watts.
No one else's does; including a colleague who has an Identical inverter (MppSolar 5.5kW Hybrid).

Screen Dump below, showing PV1 & 2 Inputs & voltages.
I've done repeated installs on other machines, but can't get both PV's on any of them.

image_ajacdl.jpg

Cheers

Phil.

Back