New youtube camera options

Wattsup

Any good suggestions for a HD camera for youtube vids and general use.

Looking at lower end to middle range,budget wise.

Something that has decent video but not a dedicated camcorder.

I use my Nikon D7500 for stuff filmed at the board and I got time. When I dont I have some old Canon video camera but its generally crap. Then I have my old trusty Gopro 3+ black that still work.

The Nikon produces good qual but the autofocus doesnt really exist so its crap to film myself with. I would love to have a new camera that is better but currently I need to make do.

With that said I cannot recommend much more than many cameras internal Mic sucks. External one for 5-10bucks from Ebay do alot.. Though I havent upgraded myself yet.

daromer said:
I use my Nikon D7500 for stuff filmed at the board and I got time. When I dont I have some old Canon video camera but its generally crap. Then I have my old trusty Gopro 3+ black that still work.

The Nikon produces good qual but the autofocus doesnt really exist so its crap to film myself with. I would love to have a new camera that is better but currently I need to make do.

With that said I cannot recommend much more than many cameras internal Mic sucks. External one for 5-10bucks from Ebay do alot.. Though I havent upgraded myself yet.

Thanks for the reply
I have a budget around $5-600 AUD.

Autofocus is important.
I will update the thread with options I'm looking at if anyone is interested

List of things I think is important:
* Low light ability if you dont have lights
* Face tracking focus
* External Microphone input - To get rid of wind, noice around and get a better experience.
* Huge battery or external power ability - Nothing as disturbing as out of juice
* Decent wide angle. Most video recorders are way to narrow.
* Camera stabilization if you plan to run around with the camera. It makes it so much better.

Ended up going with this one. Should be a great all-rounder and for my youtube vids :cool:

I think it's a different model number in some parts of the world. ZS70 I think?

image_ujtuey.jpg

My next youtube video will be using it ;)

I use a Logitech c930 https://amzn.to/2H6JmtS love it. *edit read on phone thought i read live for some reason. iPhone & old coolpix p600 someone donated with almost no autofocus lol

Back