pack construction components?

vronp

Hi all,

Are there any sources for "trays", "frames", plastic enclosures to build battery pack modules? Not sure what the proper terminology is....

thanks,
Dave

mike said:
I don't think there's anything being widely used. I have seen some people use server chassis which is kindof a neat idea. Are you thinking for fire protection or just for easier management/ability to move them around?

I'm not really thinking about a cabinet that houses "all" of the batteries. I'm interested in building the battery packs that I will eventually link together.

I've seen a number of pictures that seem to show long black plastic frames that hold a number of 18650.

vronp said:
Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about. Check out the main picture on this site:

https://hackaday.com/2016/09/29/homebrew-powerwall-sitting-at-20kwh/

Ah perfect, yes that's the 4x5 clips joined together to make a 4x20 pack. Then the rack system to mount them on the wall is custom made. There's a number of people here who have them and would be willing to sell. I'm not sure what country you are in, but Peter (hbpowerwall) sells them.

Anyone know if there are insulating sheets or cases available to shield the bus bars and cell connections? Cutting plexiglass and figuring out how to attach it is a lot of extra work.

vronp that image is Peters aka HBpowerwall. Owner of this community ;)

Most of us use that concept of cell holders. Some use Peters wall mount design some use other designs.

rev0 kaptop tape is one way but generally if you mount them correctly its not a big issue. If you want fireproof or such protection you need to have some steel or other nice product for it.

Back