MPPT 60A charger

Interesting. If it does what it says, it's pretty good. But they got some big claims:
Max efficiency ?98.1% (Voc is 1.5 or 2 times than battery, then its best efficiency)

That'd be nice if it was. For $160 it's a pretty decent buy. But since I don't have any of the stuff to test it myself, I can't give you an answer one way or the other. :s

But if anyone is willing to be a guinea pig and give it a shot, that'd be great. Maybe someone could contact the seller and ask for a unit for review and post a video up. Even if they reduced by 50%, that'd be better than nothing.

I nearly purchased that one, I instead went with this unit:https://www.ebay.com/itm/152680545518

I chose this unit instead as it offered Constant Current, Constant Voltage, Float and Equalize chargemodes, the rated power output (3300w)is 60A at 55 volts,generally looked to be better built and I was able to find a PDF manual the was well written.

The unit you linked I felt looked poorly built and lacked the equalize mode. It's total output (2800w) is 60A at 48 volts.

The unit has been in service for 3 weeks and has been flawless,it will even push charge into the battery pack when the PV voltage is only 2-3v above the battery voltage.Only 100-150w but compared to the charge controllerwhich would not generate any charge current until the PV voltage was over 90v we are collecting ~1kwh more from the early morning and late afternoon periods that previously gave nothing. The fan comes on when needed and is reasonable quiet when it is running.

For reference we have 14kwh of VRLA batteries at 48v and 3kw of Solar panels,I have used the user programmable charge settings to match the specs of our batteries which appears to work well.

I know this isn't directly relatable to Li-ionbut I hope that helps.

Jordan.

If you are only charging to 4V/cell, then you can do CC up to that voltage and not need to worry about dropping the charging current as it approaches full. So a unit like this charging CC is fine as long as you have your cuttoff and float set at the same value and not be much higher than 4V/cell. You could probably go to 4.1V, but that's starting to get into the CC-CV switch over stage, depending on chemistry.

Back