Inverter inquire

I have designed 24v _4amplithium ion battery. Inverter of 24v is not available in any of the local stores ,what of i use buck converter and convert to 12v and make a connection of 96w to a 100w inverter ?

I think I understand what you mean. You "can" connect 96W of available power to a 100W inverter, but you will never be able to fully tap what it can do. The only loads you could use would be lights and other light duty devices (led tvs, computer, chargers, etc). Nothing that requires a heavy load start (electric fan, dishwasher, fridge, etc).

Altho, being only 100W, you wouldn't use it on most of those things anyways. 100w is really only for lights or small fans.

So, yes, you could use a buck converter to lower the voltage from 24V to 12V to run the 12V inverter. The biggest hurdle you'll have is the amps required by the inverter. Will it overload the buck converter(s). You need to make sure you have one that can handle the amp loads.

An 100W inverter if you want 100W ac out would take atleast 120W on the DC side. Then the DC/DC need a couple of watts extra. And then the inverter will need surge.. That could be 150-200W.

So if we add all that upp... An 100W inverter nominal on 12V then the DC/DC would need to be atleast 250W and on the 24V side I would take a 300W.

100w will work but :)

Back