Jason's power wall

Jason Morris

Started assembling the packs for my power wall. The power wall will be 7s40p. I am using new 2200mah Samsung cells I bought for 80 cents each.
Each pack is 1s20p (Owitte style)

image_wzzzph.jpg

Update:
I'm thinking about using the bms and solar charger from http://electrodacus.com/. Its only $220 us which is a cheaper alternative to the batrium. The SMBS40 can handle 4 60 cell solar panels.

image_vmqoap.jpg

Jason Morris said:
I am using new 2200mah Samsung cells I bought for 80 cents each.

How'd you pull that off? Or was it one of those super special deals cuz a store was trying to get rid of them real quick?

Nice color scheme ya got goin there ;) You gonna try to keep that throughout the build?

nice design and coloring :) . I'm also interested in your cell source, 80 cents for 2200mAh is quite cheap - as long as there's no "fire" in the brand name :D .

I bought some a while back and they are decent cells. You might have to heat shrink a bunch since they are old new stock and connected.

While the batteries aren't 100% "new" they are all testing at 2350+ on my opus. They were used in a medical device that was recalled and the batteries were removed.(very little used if any) I contacted seller and bought in bulk which reduced price due to shipping. http://r.ebay.com/Qz5eNc

I going to make some blue and green packs as pictured above and pink and green and maybe some pink and blue

what is your anticipated Amp draw from these packs? That will determine if the bus bars are ok

Picture of bus bar

Well, I am not sure, however it is a small project so maybe somewhere around 1000w.

image_qfsozp.jpg

for 1000W @24v is only 38A and 48V is only 19A. so that Lots of size for that current

Very nice

Got a inverter for my mini powerwall. Its a 1000w meanwell. I paid $110 for it from a guy I found nearby. Its brand new.

image_umvscz.jpg

Ok, that looks too perfect. You did that in MS Paint, didnt you? :p

Back