Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hashing with Batteries!
Just found your page via the article from last year at futurism.
And have to admit - I am impressed. The miner extension is a really nice add-on!

Cheers Ben
Unfortunately, it's not going as expected to due to mother nature doing her thing. Weeks of bad weather and batteries are going flat halfway through the night every other night lately i think i only got another 20 hours of hashing since i released the video - but still trying to make it better Smile
Korishan likes this post
Save 10% at Battery Hookup with code 'Powerwalls' Just enter it in checkout www.batteryhookup.com
You need to set up a wind turbine to help when the sun gets low and during the night. Every little bit helps Wink
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
amount of wind v cost isn't worth it - then add the council regulations and i'd rather not bother. That said I have asked for a sponsored turbine - but I think it's value was out side their planed budgets lol
Save 10% at Battery Hookup with code 'Powerwalls' Just enter it in checkout www.batteryhookup.com
ROFL!! Sponsored from whom? The power company? If so, I bet! Tongue

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
was this one - https://www.banggood.com/12V-24V-48V-300...2252201709
WOW! Almost $800. You dream big Tongue Gotta start somewhere, I suppose Wink

they say ask for anything lol so i do ..
Korishan likes this post
how long does the battery last, when you have ample sun to fully charge it duing the day?
Have you considered lowering the clock speed and voltage to reduce power consumption. Given your power is 'free', I would consider the benefit being that your miner could run all night, and the hardware would last longer.

I do this to my R9-290x when playing older games. I don't remember the exact figure, but it was impressive, somewhere about 30% loss in performance for 50% less power.