US Based Solar Build

EnergyDoc

Hello all! This is my first post, but I've spent weeks/months/years running through this forum and Youtube on the subject of DIY powerwalls,solar, and EVs. I finally pulled the trigger and bought about 1400 - 2600mAh 18650s in the past couple weeks to start my project.

So I have a few questions that I couldn't easily identify going through multiple posts as I'm planning out my overall system:

The main question:
Is there a good wholehome solar Hybrid grid-tie inverter (for my needs I would guess 7600w-10,000w)on the US market that is not 10x the cost of international competitors and works with DIY battery systems? If so, what is the consensus on best overall product. (Looking for 2 phase 110-120v)

I would like to grid-tie this with a net meter (not necessarily to profit, butmostly for simplicity of the project and not re-wiring my entire existing breaker/ease of disconnect if we ever move). I have talked to the power company and they do allow for some level of DIY install, but require application, inspection, and licensed contractor for review and hookup (which I am okay with).

My projected build:
- Initial 2kW solar system -->I would like to scale my solar up to 8-10kW over time
- Initial~20kWh Li-ion battery bank at 48ish volts-->likely scale my battery bank up to 60kWh at home
- Batrium BMS for battery banks
- I plan to buy a property at some point to put up a large pole barn (for my many projects) which I hope to be completely off grid (not relevant to this post)

My project goals:
1. Scaling to a whole home system drawing nothing from the grid if possible. (About 40kWh daily use, up to 50kWh in summer)
2. Build the backbone for charging an electric vehicle
3. At least completely power my bitcoin miners
4. Build my own EV conversion of an old sports car

I live in Michigan, so my solar production is not going to be great year-round, so I will need the option of drawing from the grid at times.

Cost is not really an issue (as long as I have wife approval), but I am looking to be smart in my purchases (otherwise I'd have just paid the $30k to the DTE contractor bid). I like the DIY philosophy and the technology behind this industry even more than the application.That being said, if there are any products you recommend that haven't had good testing reviews at this point, I would be happy to make some reviews/videos on them.

I'll do a separate post at some point with my actual build and progress. I'll post a little aboutmy background there, but from an electrical/physics/ITstandpoint I am pretty well educated.Thanks in advance for the help! I'm super excited to be a part of this community.

image_gufyqe.jpg

And so it begins.

Back