Watchmon Power Fuse Size

Have been to Batrium website and watched several you tube videos on Batrium install. Could not find what size/type of fuse recommendation for the connection from the battery pack to the Watchmon. Videos just state a fuse is recommended. My system is 14s100p, 48 volt system. This may have been answered somewhere else, just unable to find it.

2A fuse is good enough between battery and the Watchmon.

CharlesFrancisSpeakman said:
daromer said:

Would a 2 amp glass fuse readily available at Lowe's or Home Depot work for this purpose? Could easily solder it inline to my Cat 5 wire.
Hi
I used a glass automotive fuse in a holder. Would be much easier to change if needed

Wattsup said:
CharlesFrancisSpeakman said:
daromer said:

Would a 2 amp glass fuse readily available at Lowe's or Home Depot work for this purpose? Could easily solder it inline to my Cat 5 wire.
Hi
I used a glass automotive fuse in a holder. Would be much easier to change if needed

I bought an inline fuse holder that snaps together and some 2 amp glass fuses. Next question that I have concerns placement. I am concerned that if I place the power connector to the positive bus bar of my first pack, and solder the "ground" connector to the negative bus bar at the other end of my chain, that when I connect this to the Watchmon, I would now be "completing the circuit", and that would essentially blow the fuse immediately. Am I thinking correctly on this?

My battery pack is essentially not "grounded" anywhere yet, and not attached to the solar battery charger yet. Also, I do not have the shunt connected yet. Maybe I should connect the shunt first, and use the other end of the shunt to attach my ground to???

Charles

Back