Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can Batrium Control An Epever SHI3000 Inverter?
Hi all
I purchased one of these 48 volt inverters. I received it but seems to have copped some rough treatment on it's  way here.
There was something rattlng around inside. I'm communicating with ebay seller regarding this.
Just wondering can my batrium bms control this unit?
                                                Choose LiFe  Wink

May all your batteries be fully charged and perfectly balanced  Cool
(06-23-2017, 11:48 AM)Wattsup Wrote: Hi all
I purchased one of these 48 volt inverters. I received it but seems to have copped some rough treatment on it's  way here.
There was something rattlng around inside. I'm communicating with ebay seller regarding this.

Should be possible based on the inverter having a RS485 port. However a review of the inverter protocol needs to be completed, for now assume it is not supported.

The inverter supplier hopeful will supply you with the protocol document outlining how the inverter can be controlled, unfortunately many dont. We are happy to review the protocol document to verify if the BMS could potential drive the inverter / charger. Please send the protocol document via email and I will have a quick look. If the protocol is public domain this can potential be open sourced onto the "bridgeconnect". 

If there is enough demand then it can be considered, provided a loan inverter is available to run on the test bench for a few weeks. We have a number of other inverters going though this process of validation, this equipment is not currently on the list.
www.batrium.com provider of battery management for lithium cells
(06-23-2017, 12:41 PM)Batrium Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 11:48 AM)Wattsup Wrote: Hi all

Should be possible based on the inverter having a RS485 port. However a review of the inverter protocol needs to be completed, for now assume it is not supported.

The inverter supplier hopeful will supply you with the protocol document outlining how the inverter can be controlled, unfortunately many dont. We are happy to review the protocol document to verify if the BMS could potential drive the inverter / charger. Please send the protocol document via email and I will have a quick look. If the protocol is public domain this can potential be open sourced onto the "bridgeconnect". 

If there is enough demand then it can be considered, provided a loan inverter is available to run on the test bench for a few weeks. We have a number of other inverters going though this process of validation, this equipment is not currently on the list.

I'll  see if I can get the document. Thanks
                                                Choose LiFe  Wink

May all your batteries be fully charged and perfectly balanced  Cool