Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Batrium & Conext Integration
I am in the process of building a wall using cells from a Nissan Leaf. I am at the point of the project where I need to select an inverter. Any info on the Batrium / Conext integration? I am looking to do Load Shifting to avoid high Time of Use charges. I would also like to top off the batteries at reduced nightly rates if solar wasn't enough the prev day.
(06-28-2017, 04:48 PM)timholmesjr Wrote: I am in the process of building a wall using cells from a Nissan Leaf.  I am at the point of the project where I need to select an inverter.  Any info on the Batrium / Conext integration?  I am looking to do Load Shifting to avoid high Time of Use charges.  I would also like to top off the batteries at reduced nightly rates if solar wasn't enough the prev day.

1) We need more information about this project. IE: voltage, amperage, setup, intended usage, grid tie, stand-alone, etc
2) Would be best to create a new thread with this information for your specific build under the Powerwalls main grouping.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
(06-28-2017, 07:57 PM)Korishan Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 04:48 PM)timholmesjr Wrote: I am in the process of building a wall using cells from a Nissan Leaf.  I am at the point of the project where I need to select an inverter.  Any info on the Batrium / Conext integration?  I am looking to do Load Shifting to avoid high Time of Use charges.  I would also like to top off the batteries at reduced nightly rates if solar wasn't enough the prev day.

1) We need more information about this project. IE: voltage, amperage, setup, intended usage, grid tie, stand-alone, etc
2) Would be best to create a new thread with this information for your specific build under the Powerwalls main grouping.

Right now I am interested Batrium/Schneider integration. I have been unable to find any documentation regarding this.
I think it was you I answered on YT? My suggestion is to email Jaron. I also pinged him to answer here.
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
(06-29-2017, 08:00 PM)daromer Wrote: I think it was you I answered on YT? My suggestion is to email Jaron. I also pinged him to answer here.

I've emailed him 3 times.
I'm interested in which inverters that have or are being tested with batrium system?
                                                Choose LiFe  Wink

May all your batteries be fully charged and perfectly balanced  Cool
So am I Jaron, can you please advise of any inverters currently on the approved list and any being tested.
The BMS can provide basic enable signal for charge/discharge control. Additional remote communication control is as follows.

WatchMon can link direct to the following inverter/charger via canbus
  • SMA - Sunny Island 3.0M / 4.4M / 6.0H / 8.0H (canbus)
  • Solax - LG battery emulator (canbus)
  • Solax - Inverter Hybrid_X1&X3 BAT Communication (canbus)
Using external BridgeConnect module additional equipment can be connected via modbus/serial communication ports
  • Schneider / Xantrex Conext XW7048  - pilot
  • MPPSolar PIP4048 - pilot test site
Scheduled equipment for testing
  • Imeon energy hybrid inverter IMEON 3.6  and IMEON 9.12
Equipment for consideration (documentation obtained however no test equipment available)
  • Studer Xtender inverter charger
  • Victron Venus GX
  • Magnum Energy inverter / charger 
If you have protocol documentation for other inverters please send via email so that we can assess if we can implement.
bfleury likes this post
www.batrium.com provider of battery management for lithium cells
(07-03-2017, 04:05 AM)Batrium Wrote: The BMS can provide basic enable signal for charge/discharge control. Additional remote communication control is as follows.

WatchMon can link direct to the following inverter/charger via canbus
  • SMA - Sunny Island 3.0M / 4.4M / 6.0H / 8.0H (canbus)
  • Solax - LG battery emulator (canbus)
  • Solax - Inverter Hybrid_X1&X3 BAT Communication (canbus)
Using external BridgeConnect module additional equipment can be connected via modbus/serial communication ports
  • Schneider / Xantrex Conext XW7048  - pilot
  • MPPSolar PIP4048 - pilot test site
Scheduled equipment for testing
  • Imeon energy hybrid inverter IMEON 3.6  and IMEON 9.12
Equipment for consideration (documentation obtained however no test equipment available)
  • Studer Xtender inverter charger
  • Victron Venus GX
  • Magnum Energy inverter / charger 
If you have protocol documentation for other inverters please send via email so that we can assess if we can implement.

Has there been any further development on the Schneider / Xantrex Conext integration?  I see that Watchmon4 now supports modbus directly

Thanks
I'd be interested in support for the outback AXS port, have you looked at that yet Batrium guys?
Current system: 9.6kWh wet Nicad batteries, 16S1P Calb LiFePo4 210aH, Batrium WM4, Outback vfx3048 inverter, mx60 mppt controller, flexware 500 mounting hardware, 2.4kW solar array, 6kW lister diesel genset. MY'13 Vauxhall Ampera