Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Esperyd Solar and powerwall system
Looking great. I love the dashboard.
What software interface is that you are showing in the post above ?

Looks good.
Its Grafana running on top of Graphite:
https://grafana.com/

I also did a video where i utilized it for graphing temperatures for the Opus charger:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BvsbOPVCM8

I will be posting more detailed videos in future how to incorporate Grafana with Batrium but there is some parts pending before i can do that. This incorporation can be done with any other BMS or system where you can get values out from. 

Added 2 panels today
hbpowerwall likes this post
The Ultimate DIY Solar and build place
YouTube / Forum system setup / My webpage  Diy Tech & Repairs

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Upcoming: 14S 18650~30kWh
Currently running 14kW of solar panels. PIP + PCM + MPI inverters running where the MPI have fixed foltage set meanwhile the PIP is 0.2V higher and the PCM have nothing.

So days like this one will then be that the PIP shut off when batteri is full meanwhile the MPI take surplus energy to the grid. Works pretty well i must say but for future when adding 3kw more i need to sort a better way to use excess energy or be able to sell it.

So what you see above are all 4 MPPT controllers. Where by the PIP is mainly shut off and did not produce much. It has 1500W worth of solar on it.

Pretty decent day i must say with not much clouds Smile
jdeadman and Korishan like this post

Current: 10kW Mpp Hybrid | 4kW PIP4048 | 2x PCM60x | 100kWh LiFePo4 | 20kWh 14s 18650 |  66*260W Poly | ABB S3 and S5 Trip breakers
Hey Daniel any closer to an ISO of your front end?
Version 3 created today.
Tweaked some memory settings and such to work better with current setup. So it do work pretty good now. Its just a matter of making sure it includes some instructions and example to be able to read out some data from example inverter. In this case including the PCM and the PIP. A simplier parser for the Batrium included precompiled.

So for people that know their way around linux it will work or for those just interesting in the mqtt/nodered/grafana part it will also work.

I will start a thread and release a video of this later this week. (Thats my plan atleast)
Korishan and Darmok like this post

Sounds good. Is there an option to run it on anything other than battrium?
At the moment a battrium setup is unfortunately outside my budget.
Also is that image of your hand and arm burnt from the ladder accident?
No damage on me from the ladder incident Smile

there is no such thing as automatic on this image. The image only provides the software bundled together with some example scripts Smile

Depending on your equipment I might be able to guide you on how to get it going. I only provide simple test script for te PIP4048 and the PCM60x as of now and its actually supplied by another member here on the forum and slightly modified by me.

Im still at the pack building stage. No hardware yet. Im not quite sold on the MPP hardware, Daromer did you sort your issue?. The quality seems a bit light. They are 1/3rd the price of most other brands SMA, Schneider.... At that price they are attractive.
The quality hmm. They "work"

Pros:
* They are damn cheap
* They do work

Cons
* No support on technical things. They dont answer any other emails than emails regarding buying more hw. Not even their distributors get answers on technical questions
* Not much of guarantee but they have helped me with faulty things from the start so thats good!
* The software sucks big time due to lack of functions and things missing in documentation on how to do certain things and limits that are not described
* They are pretty inefficient. My hybrid draws several 100w... My PIP stop charge heck alot earlier than all my other chargers do from solar just due to poor MPPT design.

The device i like the most so far is the PCM60x that works flawlesly!! I do like the other devices too. But on the other hand i dont have any of the expensive ones to compare to

So yes they are cheap. But on the other hand it have started to come other devices from other manufactures that are close to the same price. For instance im looking at this company: http://www.kostal-solar-electric.com/Pro.../PIKO%20BA

Above inverter cost the same as the MPP hybrid but it has alot better hardware and also better guarantee. the support from them so far have been spot on.

No i have not tested it yet but would love to but it costs and really dont need another one right now Smile
Wattsup and Darmok like this post