Youtube Links (Video and URL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korishan

Administrator
I've seen several variations of link posts from Youtube and have corrected most. But here's the rundown of Youtube Links

1) When posting a video, use one of the following methods:
Code:
[MEDIA=youtube]3VYGUPg9S80[/MEDIA]
or
Code:
[url=https://youtu.be/3VYGUPg9S80]BatteryHasher v3[/url]
When using the url version, use the "Share" link to get the better code. This also allows you to set the starting point of the video at a certain minutes/seconds.

2) When reposting links that are listed in the description or in comments that may be of interest to others, do NOT copy the url link from the Youtube page. Follow the link and copy the final link destination. The reason is because Youtube has changed their policy and clicking on that link will take you to their "This site may be unsafe and we take no responsibility of what content is on this site. Are you sure you want to proceed" type of warnings.
Also, the links normally contain a lot of extra junk in the url. Pasting the link code here also may break the link.

Thank you for your time,
Korishan

errr - is this directed at someone I know well? :p

I should fix them for him hahah

hbpowerwall said:
errr - is this directed at someone I know well? :p

Not particularly. But, the one you know very well was the driving force for going ahead and posting the thread ;)

When people use the "Embed Video" option under Full Edit mode, can't you make it so that it changed the code from [video]....[/video] to [ youtube]...[/ youtube] for the YT vids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back