First build

Randolph12950

I've been working on this 4s 100p 24v build since last year. Acquiring all the packs doing all the work to get 700 good batteries for the build. Upfront costs have been staggering so far with all the supplies needed and equipment. I am enjoying this build since I'm retired and living off the grid and in the middle of the desert, nearest neighbor 5mi. I plan on building 3 more banks after this one is up and running. Well now the soldering starts, will update soon. Thanks for reading

Yes, for a 24V system, you will need a 7s setup.
If it is for a off-grid system, take a look at a 48V system (14s) ... lower DC currents and equipment might be more avialable.

And welcome ... :)

I guess I didn't word that right. I have 7packs of 4s 100p to equal 24v. 700 batteries.
Thanks

No you are still saying it wrong. What I think you are saying is you have 4 sets of 7s100p packs. maybe a simple drawing of what you mean might help understand.

4s in 4 cells in series makes 12.8V nominal and 16.8V fully charged. to get 24V nominal you would need 7 cells in series making Max 29.4V but we are still kinda lost on what you mean

7x 4s100p are 2800 cells, and will give you 14,8V

Do you mean 4 strings(sets) of 7s100p ... ( one string is7 packs in series,one pack is100 cellsinparallel = 700 cells/string)
You never gonne get 24v with a 4s setup.

I might bemissing something ... :p

Thanks for your concern. I have a 4" flex aluminum tube just a few inches from the soldering point that goes up to a vent with a 4" 12v fan no problems.

jdeadman said:
No you are still saying it wrong. What I think you are saying is you have 4 sets of 7s100p packs. maybe a simple drawing of what you mean might help understand.

4s in 4 cells in series makes 12.8V nominal and 16.8V fully charged. to get 24V nominal you would need 7 cells in series making Max 29.4V but we are still kinda lost on what you mean
I have (2) 300 w solar panels ( 36 volts eachexcess from my grid tie solar) which i want to use it for charging my new powerwall which I am researching how bigor small to build. My initial idea was to have about 5kW storage and build it using 18650s and have 20headway cells which i ordered for other project.

Back