Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internal Resistance Testing: Ultra-Low Resistance 18650 holder accessory
Would it be possible to accurately measure the IR of multiple batteries at once using balance leads?

I have many 4S1P packs and would like to get readings on the individual cells before I tear the packs apart.

Could one use balance leads from a hobby charger to connect to a 4S pack and measure IR of each individual cell?
(01-15-2020, 12:10 AM)transposon Wrote: Would it be possible to accurately measure the IR of multiple batteries at once using balance leads?

I have many 4S1P packs and would like to get readings on the individual cells before I tear the packs apart.

Could one use balance leads from a hobby charger to connect to a 4S pack and measure IR of each individual cell?

Yes!  It is possible depending on the charger.... my iCharger 4010 Duo displays the pack IR along with the individual cell IR. I forgot it the 206B can do the same, I will have to check.

You could consider making a balance lead adapter with alligator clips on one end so you can quickly connect it to a pack and take a measurement.

Just as an example, here is the IR readings from two different packs I am charging at the same time.

Excellent! The alligator clips on the balance wires was exactly what I was thinking of!  I have an icharger x8, which I believe can measure both pack and individual cell IR.  

Thank you so much for the prompt reply.  I am building an ebike pack that I want to double as a power source for off grid camping.  Since at max throttle I will be pulling about 1.2C, I think I need to match for IR.