Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Sony cells just suck
WOW, wolf, you went all in on this testing, amazing at your level of detail.  Im amazed at your results because I still cant figure out what was happening in my particular case.  Its a non issue for me now though because I took all the green sony's to the recycling center.  If I come across some more I probably wont even test or use them just based on my own personal experience with them.

I guess I could revise the thread title to "Green Sony cells just suck for me" lol.
(08-02-2019, 02:18 AM)jm1 Wrote: WOW, wolf, you went all in on this testing, amazing at your level of detail.  Im amazed at your results because I still cant figure out what was happening in my particular case.  Its a non issue for me now though because I took all the green sony's to the recycling center.  If I come across some more I probably wont even test or use them just based on my own personal experience with them.

I guess I could revise the thread title to "Green Sony cells just suck for me" lol.

Ah the OP returned.

The testing was to find out what makes these cells tick and I found out.
As I said in my conclusion that I would not use these cells in my powerwall they are just too unpredictable as OffGridInTheCity
https://secondlifestorage.com/t-How-unba...9#pid47059 found out.
If you have a bunch of them that are the same I wouldn't hesitate to build a pack with them and them alone.
But in a mixed environment no thanks.
So the warning is don't use the Sony US18650GR G* series cells in a production powerwall unless that is the only cells you have.

Wolf
DCkiwi likes this post
For Info Google Drive

Great ABB shunt breaker seller River City Industrial
Great prices and superb service.
 [Image: em2566%20(1)__19172.1521541365.jpg?c=2]

Not your average Wolf       
            Cool