Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Sony cells just suck
WOW, wolf, you went all in on this testing, amazing at your level of detail.  Im amazed at your results because I still cant figure out what was happening in my particular case.  Its a non issue for me now though because I took all the green sony's to the recycling center.  If I come across some more I probably wont even test or use them just based on my own personal experience with them.

I guess I could revise the thread title to "Green Sony cells just suck for me" lol.
(08-02-2019, 02:18 AM)jm1 Wrote: WOW, wolf, you went all in on this testing, amazing at your level of detail.  Im amazed at your results because I still cant figure out what was happening in my particular case.  Its a non issue for me now though because I took all the green sony's to the recycling center.  If I come across some more I probably wont even test or use them just based on my own personal experience with them.

I guess I could revise the thread title to "Green Sony cells just suck for me" lol.

Ah the OP returned.

The testing was to find out what makes these cells tick and I found out.
As I said in my conclusion that I would not use these cells in my powerwall they are just too unpredictable as OffGridInTheCity
https://secondlifestorage.com/t-How-unba...9#pid47059 found out.
If you have a bunch of them that are the same I wouldn't hesitate to build a pack with them and them alone.
But in a mixed environment no thanks.
So the warning is don't use the Sony US18650GR G* series cells in a production powerwall unless that is the only cells you have.

Wolf
DCkiwi likes this post
If 18 X 650 = 2200+mAh then we have power! 
May all your Cells have an IR of 75mΩ or less Smile
Last count as of 8/7/2019
Total Number of Cells Recorded and processed                 6149
Total Cells required for PowIRwall                                   2856
Total Cells ≥2200mAh, ≥80%, ≥35mΩ, ≤75mΩ, ≥4.12V   2760
For Info Google Drive
Not your average Wolf       
            Cool