Corrupt message on my longmons

Minx

Hey all,
Today during charging and more so while top balancing was happening. I had multiple cells drop out. Buy that I mean cells saying they were 0 volts. They were fairly consistant with which cellsread this! Approx 6 cells in total. But not limited too. It was random.
I unplugged checked connections, swapped over longmons,checked voltages (all were good) and device syncnone of this made a difference.In total this went on for about an 2 hours.
It eventually stopped once the battery was discharging andeverything is working normal again except now I have every longmon giving a single red flash every 5 or so seconds.
i have looked on the batrium webpage and it says bad or corrupt message!!!!!

Can anyone help?

Have you experienced this before?

Thanks

What temperature? Have you extended the wires in any sense or way?

Did they balance during the issues?

ambient temp was about 20 degrees Celsius said:

Please answer outside the Quote block, preferably under it. It makes it hard to read when your answer is inside.

daromer said:

image_xpueqb.jpg

How did you extend the wires? What wires? How does it look? Did you follow the recommendations?

when the longmons overheat they will shut them self down to protect themselves from damage. Orange and Zero volts is a sign the longmon working correctly.

Minx said:
I have looked on the batrium webpage and it says bad or corrupt message!!!!!

Take some photos of the wiring from the longmon to the cells. For each cell if the red/black wire isextended they need to go all the way to the battery busbar, you cannot share wires.

hbpowerwall said:
when the longmons overheat they will shut them self down to protect themselves from damage. Orange and Zero volts is a sign the longmon working correctly.

They should be thermally limiting by themselves & just throttle back the current when they get to the max temp you've set. I don't think they should "shutdown" in normal operation or go to zero/low volts reading.

hbpowerwall said:

o.k. wasnt aware of that. They did this at the start of discharge, so i believe they did not have enough time to overheat. But I will now monitor this when i can next time. thanks

Batrium said:
Minx said:
I have looked on the batrium webpage and it says bad or corrupt message!!!!!

Take some photos of the wiring from the longmon to the cells. For each cell if the red/black wire isextended they need to go all the way to the battery busbar, you cannot share wires.

no wires are shared, each eyelet goes to the same m6 bolt though
image_iitvpf.jpg

image_pruzls.jpg

so i was able to clear the single red flash on all the longmons, I had to do a reboot, Turned off the watchmon, and unplugged each longmon. Worked a treat. But one of the longmons had died, not sure if it was related to the corrupt message or just a dud. will follow up with batrium

daromer said:
How did you extend the wires? What wires? How does it look? Did you follow the recommendations?

i followed the recommendations from batrium same gauge twists etc. In the end i did the same old trick,turn it off and back on again. Lol No more red flashing lights!!!

Back