Off Grid Solar

Cecere

Hi everyone,
An overview on my primitive setup. Due to not using 18650.
I did have approx 400 but due to stupidity not having fuses installed my controller went down due to keeping my panels in series to reduce the current. I did have 2.5 mm electrical wire. Not as shown in photos I have upgraded to 10 mm electrical wire.

Showing here is a 250v 63 A din 2 pole switch.

From the switch to this controller is a 30 A resettable Fuse. Not shown in this photo. From the batteries side of the controller is a 50 A resettable fuse, shown here.
This I a $12 PWM controller which I do NOT recommend because when the batteries a fully charge the volts measured across the batteries continue to rise and the inverter shuts down due to it's protection of the over voltage.

Batteries is a 2 series 2 parallel to 24 volts and approximately 500 watts

1700 watt inverter that is a pure sine wave. In saying that sometimes the lights flicker. According to you tube this is a very good modified sine wave inverter.

I installed a watts meter and a 15 A circuit breaker. This line connected into the house via a changeover switch.

All this setup is constantly changing. And I update almost daily the 18650's count because I'm process appointment 1000 cells that I currently have, and I need thousands more.

Please check my channel Adam Cecere.
Thank you for your support and feedback.

image_oxfyjm.jpg

image_lfipws.jpg

image_inloah.jpg

image_iloici.jpg

image_rqqtvx.jpg

image_ckuhie.jpg

Cecere said:
1700 watt inverter that is a pure sine wave. In saying that sometimes the lights flicker. According to you tube this is a very good modified sine wave inverter.

It's normal for some loads switching on/off to make the inverter flicker slightly. I have a laser printer & a hair dryer which make my system flicker a bit.
With smaller batteries like that, they will not be able to supply surge current so well & this will make any flickering worse.

The inverter says pure sine on the label? Are you saying it is not pure sine wave, that it is really only a modified sine type?

Redpacket said:
Cecere said:

It's normal for some loads switching on/off to make the inverter flicker slightly. I have a laser printer & a hair dryer which make my system flicker a bit.
With smaller batteries like that, they will not be able to supply surge current so well & this will make any flickering worse.

The inverter says pure sine on the label? Are you saying it is not pure sine wave, that it is really only a modified sine type?

The flickering occurred when i was running the house using 18650 approximately 1K8 watts. And it was like running a light through a half way rectification. This is using 1 Diode on a AC supply. This will cut out half of the AC wave form. The load at the time usually was only a 250 watt constant.
This current setup I only run the shed due to the size of the batteries and the PWM not reliable.

Back