Longmon plug wires

Bigfillly

Hi,
Does anyone know the name of the maleplug that goes into the longmon,
Due to the wires being very fragile, Id like to make some spares, and I think nearly $70 + over 20 import tax to the uk for 10 longmon wires is a bit steep,
Thanks,
Phil.

Thank very much for clearing that up,
I did see them on eBay but I couldnt find the exact ones, I thought about buying some just to test, they are cheap enough,
Ill look at buying some,
Thanks again KORISHAN

They are most likely 2.54mm pitch (from pin to pin). You'll want to check that before you order. I'm pretty sure they are the XH versions, though. Along with pitch measurement, measure the width of the actual casing as well. That'll give you the exact size you'll need.

I measured them last night and they measure at:-
Width just over 6mm
Depth just under 3m,
And pitch is 1.5mm
I looked on eBay and came up with these
Item number 291821632909

image_htcied.jpg

There maybe a few lugs that need filing off but for 2.05 for 10 Im willing to give them a go,
Thanks again for the help KORISHAN

Bigfillly said:
I measured them last night and they measure at:-
Width just over 6mm,Depth just under 3m,And pitch is 1.5mm
Thanks again for the help KORISHAN

I just spotted this post and advise thattheinformation is wrong.The connector are1.50mm pitch from a completed different vendor and housing. The crimp tothepins are the hardest partto make and with 2.2A being transferred when in bypassneeds to be done properly.We had a machine tailored for us tomake and crimp this cable in bulkto 26AWG wire (that is not trivial).

They are already suppliedwith the longmon or other cell monitoring modules we sell. Extras can be purchased for ~ 1.45 GBPeach (at time of writing this).

Werecommendyou use thecables we supply to make sure that the moduleswork properlyand do not prematurelyfail. Obviously you can change the eyelet or extend/shortened the power or communicationwires. The connector pins should not be attempted except by a very skilled technician. Also use the correctly sized wirefor safety and ensure that the communication wires are a twisted pair.

Thanks Batrium. I forgot those connectors have a smaller pitch than standard header/jumper pins. *face palm* :p

Also didn't realize there was a difference between TE and JST. They 'look' the same. But, I don't have them on hand to compare with myself.

thanks batrium for this info,
I did write earlier that I found they were 1.5mm and I spotted some close but they may have lugs to file off, 2.05 for 10 wired plugs, worth a shot,
I looked at getting extra wires from batrium but as I wrote, it would cost over 50 (after shipping and import tax) for 10 wires, which I thought was a bit steep,
Id like to be able to replace them cheaply if they ever broke again,
Thanks again for the info, Ill look at the SE connectors now ;-)
All the best,
Phil.

Bigfillly said:
I did write earlier that I found they were 1.5mm and I spotted some close but they may have lugs to file off, 2.05 for 10 wired plugs, worth a shot,
I looked at getting extra wires from batrium but as I wrote, it would cost over 50 (after shipping and import tax) for 10 wires, which I thought was a bit steep,
All the best,
Phil.

Not sure how you come up with50, we have quoted you14.50 for 10 cables, plus shipping and I am sure they can be sent via normal post in aenvelope if not required in a rush.

Im not in a rush if I can get them cheaper, Ive sent you a PM

Well I got the extra longmon wires, thanks batrium ;-)
In the mean time the other wires that I mentioned earlier have arrived, Im happy to say that these plugs fit very well once the 2 side lugs are smoothed off.

image_nckvte.jpg

image_xlmsoe.jpg

Bigfillly said:
Id like to be able to replace them cheaply if they ever broke again,
Thanks again for the info, Ill look at the SE connectors now ;-)
All the best,
Phil.

Bigfilly,
I too am facingthe same issue. Batrium support were not interested and asked me to recrimp them. very bad customer service.
2 x cables are only 3 but postage is 24
I also agree the rest of it is pretty good and does the job.

Did you find anywhere to get the cables locally (uk) ?

i have been looking for pre-made cables but i cant find any 1 row 4 pin to 1 row 2 x 2 pin (cut off the other 2 pin )

Back