Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vanon Batteries .... Yeh - did they dupe me?
(10-08-2019, 09:45 PM)Jacob Wrote: I bought 2 new vanon batteries earlier this year and both of them have gone bad already, I got them off eBay and the seller doesn't respond to me, how do I get the 5-year warranty as they were advertised?

Try contacting Vanon directly. But you'll probably get the same lack of response.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Thanks for the info.
Do you know of a contact I could use
Nope, sorry. Maybe HBPowerwall still has the contact info from when they sent him the "review packs". But he has a way of deleting trash. But who knows. Try sending him a PM directly, or post a comment on his Vanon video. He tries to keep up with all comments.
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
Mine dosnt show the brand.

Mine both died within 4 months, useless crap - never again, Village86 i'd be asking for your money back asap
Save 10% at Battery Hookup with code 'Powerwalls' Just enter it in checkout www.batteryhookup.com
Vanon is such a weird "brand." There is no consistency to their packs, other than the label on the outside. I've seen laptop cells in some power tool packs, fake LG cells, Moli cells (could be real or fake, who knows), and of course some other generic brand cells. The stated capacity of the cells inside the packs never match the label (1.3Ah cells in 2Ah labeled packs). While I am proving that some generics are better than others in my testing, Vanon really seems to be digging at the bottom of the barrel with the cells that it uses.
Formerly known as Dallski
(11-24-2019, 10:32 AM)hbpowerwall Wrote: Mine both died within 4 months, useless crap - never again, Village86 i'd be asking for your money back asap

I've had mine since last year no issues yet. Just seen the post and figured I would open up and post my findings.