A growing powerwall in Germany

Stramon

Hello,
For about a year I collect used 18650 cells to build a powerwall for our house.
We have a 6kW photovoltaic system and a lot of electricity, for which we only get 12 cents per kWh. When the sun is gone, we buy expensive electricity for 25 cents / kWh.

image_ajlgra.jpg

Now I had enough cells together and our battery is at the start, together with a 3000W inverter, he supplies almost our entire house with electricity, as long as the solar system supplies none.
I started with two rows.

image_vgkboa.jpg

Now I have four rows together and Batrium running.
image_orepak.jpg

[size=small]There is room on the wall for a total of 16 rows, one row has about 1.1 kilowatt hours[/size]

image_nrbahu.jpg

I took the concept from Oliver and his Thread.I thank him for that!

[size=small]Greetings from Jens
[/size]

Great install bud!

wim said:
Neat... very neat...
Why do you German guys hide those pretty walls in the celler???This belongs in the livingroom right next to the TV ;)

I also wanted to build the powerwall next to the fireplace in the living room but my wife was against it.

[size=small]I also think in case of fire, the basement is the better place.[size=small]Everything around it is made of stone or concrete.[/size][/size]

congrats, love your design :D :D . Looks very nice and clean, hopefully the wall is not wet, look like you screwed your busbars directly into it.... I remember I had a problem with humidity on my connection board where all battery banks come together. The screws where rotten after 4 months while the wall was almost completely dried out because of the current :) . After theat, I screwed the vusbars to a thick piece of wood. Fortunately, I'm using plastic holders for the busbars of my powerwall.

image_wbqvgg.jpg

owitte said:
congrats, love your design :D :D . Looks very nice and clean, hopefully the wall is not wet, look like you screwed your busbars directly into it.... I remember I had a problem with humidity on my connection board where all battery banks come together. The screws where rotten after 4 months while the wall was almost completely dried out because of the current :) . After theat, I screwed the vusbars to a thick piece of wood. Fortunately, I'm using plastic holders for the busbars of my powerwall.
Hello Oliver,
for the parallbusbars I took cable pipe holders from the hardware store.
[size=small]I think you have the same. :rolleyes: [/size]

image_vqmaex.jpg

All other cables and connection points are also separated from the wall.
image_zfhkly.jpg

[size=small]But good to know how to drain a wall with a powerwall. :D[/size]

Stramon said:
owitte said:
Hello Oliver,
for the parallbusbars I took cable pipe holders from the hardware store.
[size=small]I think you have the same. :rolleyes: [/size]

All other cables and connection points are also separated from the wall.

[size=small]But good to know how to drain a wall with a powerwall. :D[/size]
ok, next time I'll have a closer look before posting unnecessary advice ;)

A quick update. My battery is growing slowly. With ten rows (140P each) I'm now at around 10 Kwh.

image_pjbjkz.jpg

In the last few years I have built two rows each.
With the help of the battery, our house runs almost 100% on solar power from March to October, only the stove needs three-phase current.

Greetings Jens

Stramon said:
A quick update. My battery is growing slowly. With ten rows (140P each) I'm now at around 10 Kwh.

image_pjbjkz.jpg

In the last few years I have built two rows each.
With the help of the battery, our house runs almost 100% on solar power from March to October, only the stove needs three-phase current.

Greetings Jens

Looks very nice! Make some more often updates! Very fun to follow!

Back