Digital Clamp Meter Advice

gregoinc

Looking to purchase a digital clamp meter, with amp, volt, etc functions. Not looking for anything gold platted, just a practical tool for a reasonable price.

Interested to know what the members on this forum are using?

Not sure why the video link didn't work... here's another link:

TheMastech MS2115A reviewed in the video looks good.

Yeah, looks it's pretty similar but the RMS side & speed might be better, mine seems a bit sleepy taking readings but gets there.

I have no idea what I did to the video link (apology)... :huh:

I've also looked at theMASTECH MS2108S True RMS Digital Clamp Meter, it looks good for the price.

Fixed the youtube code. Please visit the Youtube Links (Video and URL) to understand more about posting YT links ;)

As for the clamp meter, I have one from Harbor Freight. Works pretty decently, and even has a hold option. It doesn't have peak. I've tested it on DC and it seems to show the current, but not sure if it shows accurately as I haven't compared it to another device.
For AC it works pretty quickly. I think it updates <100ms easily. I do wish it did more, but for $20USD, I think it's doing it job pretty darn well.

I would get a clamp meter that is mainly just for current, separate meter for doing voltages, resistance, capacitance, etc.

Makes for the option of leaving the clamp meter on a wire while you check the voltages (testing voltage drops for example).. just a thought..

completelycharged said:
separate meter for doing voltages, resistance, capacitance, etc.

Good advice. I have my trusty Fluke for other jobs ;)

masteryodajames said:
Love this one....

Not available in Australia... lucky mericans :p

100fuegos said:
Look into the PEAKMETER products Aliexpress.

Thanks for the tip.Looks like it comes out of the same factory as the MASTECH... almost identical chassis and functions.

Back