Is anyone a HAM Radio / Amateur Radio operator?

Crimp Daddy

Hey guys... I was just curious if any of you are HAM radio operators.

I got my Technician licence in 4-5 years ago and it's another hobby that seems to overlap with my interests. Some of my battery and power builds are specifically for radio communications projects.

I am currently working on a portable repeater project and also some more compact lithium battery setups to cram into that pelican case and make a complete coms kit in a case.

image_xzcgwv.jpg

image_acitaj.jpg

image_xboboz.jpg

image_zqkgca.jpg

brwainer said:
What does White and Black mean for your Anderson PowerPole connectors? 24V?

Red/Blackis Battery Output
White/Blackis Solar Input

White/Black is connected to aGenasun MPPT charge controller for the 60 watt folding panel.

Cherry67 said:

Since 45 Years.

Wow, that's a long time!

Are you operating on HF, and what type of radios do you own?

Have you made any portable power packs for any of your gear?

Dreaming of a Yaesu FT991A . . . . . :D

Another ham here! One of the reasons I'm building my smaller lifepo4 pack is for qrp stuff. Got a guy at work who is way into SOTA and he got me interested. Need to test for my general one of these days...

I need to test for my general as well...

Not exactally QRP but I do need to make a small Lifepo4 pack as well, but to power a mobile radio for a short duration of TX. Most likely supplemented by a small folding solar setup just as something to have.

I did but a bunch of these... but shamed to admit its still in the box they shipped in, and I have yet to start breaking them down from those big BAE modules.

image_conuuu.jpg

Tech in 1983. Was in the USAF and took the test in Atlanta. Was shipping out to Shemya a week later. Heartbroken when they told me I'd have my license in a month or so. lol! Already had the Icoms! General a year later. Extra in 2000 something or other...

Here we Go:

image_vezjui.jpg

Crimp Daddy said:
Cherry67 said:

Since 45 Years.

Wow, that's a long time!

Are you operating on HF, and what type of radios do you own?

Have you made any portable power packs for any of your gear?
All Shortwave, and newly FT8.
A Pack for fieldday ist Planned, butt current Projects go first, especially the virtual battery. Described in Projects.

Wolf said:
Cherry67 said:

Since 45 Years.

Shheees what where you broadcasting in those days? The enigma codes? LOL

Wolf
Wenn were building the Enigma....

Back