I must be doing it wrong.

Gregory Charles

I have a thread going in the BMS section. I answered one person with a reply. After I did that I tried to use "New Post" (not a reply) and everything seems to work until I review it. My "new post" is being added to the last "reply post" and I can't seem to prevent it. What am I doing wrong? FYI: I logged off the form, closed the browser, came back in and it still added my new post to the old one.

Its built like that. As long as you are the last responder all your replies will end up in the same reply with a dashed line in between. This so we dont have to have 100 replies from same person :)

If you need to answer several do quota on each and everyone of them. Just dont forget to type outside the quote.

GregoryCharles said:
I have a thread going in the BMS section. I answered one person with a reply. After I did that I tried to use "New Post" (not a reply) and everything seems to work until I review it. My "new post" is being added to the last "reply post" and I can't seem to prevent it. What am I doing wrong? FYI: I logged off the form, closed the browser, came back in and it still added my new post to the old one.

daromer said:
Its built like that. As long as you are the last responder all your replies will end up in the same reply with a dashed line in between. This so we dont have to have 100 replies from same person :)

If you need to answer several do quota on each and everyone of them. Just dont forget to type outside the quote.

I clicked the Quote button on your post-Gregory & Daroma then the reply button to get the above - hitting the quote button twice will remove the quote from the next reply. Don't know if that'll help but I hope so. if it gets mixed up again take a screenshot and post it here so we can take a look

when posts are combined like that, there will be a horizontal line added between each "section" of your reply/new-post.

I recommend Daromer's suggestion of doing the Quote method. It's the easiest and quickest. The only thing it doesn't do is allow you to do image or formatting easily. But, you can click on each persons "Quote" button below their text, go to the Quick Reply window, click the Quote These Posts link, then click "Preview Post" and they'll all be separated into their own sections in the Full Editor.

Back