Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuck's 18650 14S120P+1 UK Powerwall.
(10-11-2018, 09:50 PM)jdeadman Wrote: Looking good.  I've processed enough to make my first 2 strings of 7s40p.   Still have many cells to process but I'm trying to keep each set of 7s perfectly balanced so when I stack them up the entire wall stays balanced.

That's my plan too, build a fall string of balanced packs before starting on another. I've exhausted my supply of cells now, with this set i had to put a couple of lower capacity cells in each pack to make it up to the full 14S40P.
I'll need to get back out and see what I can beg borrow and steal again in the way of laptop batteries.

I have just been offered a shed load of old mobile phone batteries of different makes, been told there is a few hundred of them but not sure what i could use them for.
UK Southwest.

7 kWp Solar Panels (28 x 250Wp Shinetime Mono).
14 X APS YC500i Micro Inverters.
42 X 40P 18650 cell packs/modules configured as 14S 120P.
Sofar Mass Energy ME3000SP AC coupled charger/inverter.
Still sourcing and processing cells for powerwall.
About halfway into my next batch of cells for another 14 40P packs
13 kWh processed and operational so far.
Yea until recently I only had a trickle of packs coming in here locally. I drove 5 hours to pickup a PIP (Powerwall in Progress) that a guy had to give up on for a few reasons. Got a wicked Deal but one these cells are gone I'll be back to pittance.
******Hi My name is Jason and I have SOCD (Solar Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)*******
Current Powerwall - 1400 Cells 7s200p (modular 40p packs) ~ 12kWh of storage     4x 315W Canadian Solar Panels

Working on the next 7s40p packs     ~2.5kWh

Waiting on 2000 Cells of unused Sony vt4 (2000mah 30A) ~ 15kWh      hehehehehe  More Power
Hi guys

Just a little update.

I now have processed and assembled 28 40P packs that are good to go these have now been standing for between 3 to 8 weeks and are all sitting between 4.13V and 4.15V.

Hope that I'll be able to get the inverter soon and get the wall up and running.
Korishan likes this post
UK Southwest.

Very Nice. I like the 40p packs. I've started to build my 40p packs and just the sheer amount of soldering is wild. I'm waiting on more solder.

What's your BMS plan?

I'm going to be putting my 40P packs on bus bars for Parallel connections so I can use it as one bank.
chuckp likes this post
******Hi My name is Jason and I have SOCD (Solar Obsessive Compulsive Disorder)*******
Current Powerwall - 1400 Cells 7s200p (modular 40p packs) ~ 12kWh of storage     4x 315W Canadian Solar Panels

Working on the next 7s40p packs     ~2.5kWh

Waiting on 2000 Cells of unused Sony vt4 (2000mah 30A) ~ 15kWh      hehehehehe  More Power
(11-09-2018, 04:43 PM)jdeadman Wrote: Very Nice. I like the 40p packs.  I've started to build my 40p packs and just the sheer amount of soldering is wild.    I'm waiting on more solder.

What's your BMS plan?  

I'm going to be putting my 40P packs on bus bars for Parallel connections so I can use it as one bank.

Yeah 

I've spot welded the fuses to the cells and soldered to the bus bars.

Eventually I'll fit the batrium, but to start with I'll be using a cheaper Chinese one that I have.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/14S-100A...48173.html

I managed to get hold of some 2 pole mcbs, two  32A and one 63A all rated for DC. Not sure yet if I'll use them all yet, I may do two strings and put a 32A breaker on each and the put both through the 63A. Will make it easier to shut down one string should a pack need replacing.
UK Southwest.

I have got a these DC MCBs that I think I will use 32A at string level and the 63A between the inverter and common string connection. 

Now I just need to find a shunt trip that will fit the 63A MCB. It looks very similar to a Merlin Gerin
UK Southwest.

Those breakers are cheap and nasty copies of the Schnieder Acti 9 (same model number) - so the Schnieder shunt trips are likely to physical fit.

You might want to consider buying some better quality ones.

https://export.rsdelivers.com/product/sc...-a/8053970
(11-10-2018, 08:20 PM)Sean Wrote: Those breakers are cheap and nasty copies of the Schnieder Acti 9 (same model number) - so the Schnieder shunt trips are likely to physical fit.

You might want to consider buying some better quality ones.

https://export.rsdelivers.com/product/sc...-a/8053970

I thought they looked a little cheap. I was given them by a friend it's not like I've had to pay for them so I can't complain.
I have been looking at the Schieder ones.
UK Southwest.

A little update, been very busy at work for the last six months or so, not much time to spend on my powerwall.

Anyway received a box in the post yesterday.

Very excited to see what's inside.

Picked these up at a very reasonable price from a firm that was decommissioning a site.

Used but apparently in good working order.

Thought is they will make a great ATS. I'm hoping i will be able to use them in the event of a power cut to keep the battery charger/inverter running and make it work off grid.

The charger/inverter I'm ordering is the Sofar Mass Energy ME3000SP, although this has a facility for EPS critical loads, the plan is to keep the whole house powered from the powerwall should the grid fail.

I'm hoping that the contractor will switch fast enough the inverters won't notice the the grid is off and stay on.
Think I'll also add a time delay relay on the grid control side to prevent the contactor banging in and out on momentary power cuts, and try and limit any surge when switching back to grid.
UK Southwest.

I might need me a Daromer to help get my head around the control circuit. Figuring out how to trick the grid tied inverters into thinking the grid is still connected when it’s not.
UK Southwest.