Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chuck's 18650 14S120P+1 UK Powerwall.
Powerwall has been up and running for a couple of weeks now, so far all good.
Packs are staying fairly balanced with a difference of less than 0.030V at the highest, typically around 0.022 to 0.025, .

I've had to do a few charges from the off peak grid supply to keep them online due a lack of Sun at the moment.
However we are pretty much covering our peak consumption, obviously a bit of an increase in the off peak due to charging but since it's half the cost of the peak rate still works out for the better.
On the odd days I'm getting a fair solar gain I'm still exporting a little but nowhere near as much as I was. Daily self use rate on the solar is now closer to 70% rather than the 20% before the wall went live. The last few days due to the low gain i have seen a 100% self use rate. Even on a bad day before I would still export 60% or more.

I'm not sure just how accurate the Solaman App data is, although they say it is real time monitoring i notice sometimes it can be a good 20 mins or more between data from the inverter refreshing with the app.

Need to pull my finger out now, source some more cells and get some more storage capacity.
jdeadman, ajw22, Korishan like this post
UK Southwest.

7 kWp Solar Panels (28 x 250Wp Shinetime Mono).
14 X APS YC500i Micro Inverters.
28 X 40P 18650 cell packs/modules configured as 14S 80P.
Sofar Mass Energy ME3000SP AC coupled charger/inverter.
Still sourcing and processing cells for powerwall.