Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bird and Lime scooters
Those abandoned silicon valley scooters that you used to be able to rent, but fell off grid have great batteries. Bird's have 30 LG M26 in 30s10p in a gorgeous waterproof enclosure. Lime has some what look like china knockoff 2550mAh in what looks like 20p10s, probably due to the regen braking on them. I know some of you have been wondering, now you know! Happy recycling!
Do you have any links?
Proceed with caution. Knowledge is Power! Literally! Cool 
Knowledge is Power; Absolute Knowledge is Absolutely Shocking!
Certified 18650 Cell Reclamation Technician

Please come join in general chit-chat and randomness at Discord Chat (channels: general, 3d-printing, linux&coding, 18650, humor, ...)
(this chat is not directly affiliated with SecondLifeStorage; VALID email req'd)
(09-19-2018, 12:07 AM)Korishan Wrote: Do you have any links?
In Sweden, the Lime scooters have a 10S3P battery

ScudLime MH1

Nom         36V
Capacity             8800mAh, up to 9500mAh
Max charge 4,5A
Max volt     42V

(09-29-2019, 07:57 PM)secbar Wrote: In Sweden, the Lime scooters have a 10S3P battery

ScudLime MH1

Nom         36V
Capacity             8800mAh, up to 9500mAh
Max charge 4,5A
Max volt     42V

For that style of Lime battery, I believe the cells are Panasonic NCR18650BD, 3180mAh nominal capacity.
I know a guy that works at Bird... last we talked they are sitting on like 30,000+ battery packs in their local warehouse from scooters that have been taken out of service. They don't really know what to do with them either.

I inquired about buying some but they want unrealistic pricing as they are trying to recoup money, along with giving me a run around about not having an r2 recycling certification.

Perhaps ill reach out to him again as this was months ago.